Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: We're all gonna die (The climate change thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I recently unfriended an old school chum on FB because they shared something from an anti-climate science group.
    Cam was very brief. These were his exact words. There were no clear indications either way. Naturally I assumed he didn't try and that's why I was asking him. Can you guys just let Cam answer my question rather than keeping on interrogating me for asking him a simple question?

I do not attempt to reason with unreasonable people.

Itís not just about reasoning or logic with them, weíre humans, not Vulcans!

Let them know what your wife know, if they refuse to believe you, then so be it. However, maybe your friendship could sway them! Who knows? Wonít know if you try.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    It’s not just about reasoning or logic with them, we’re humans, not Vulcans!

Let them know what your wife know, if they refuse to believe you, then so be it. However, maybe your friendship could sway them! Who knows? Won’t know if you try.
    Why bother?
    Most people have their minds made up on these issues. And its not based on facts, so adding facts wont change it.
    Most likely all it will do is frustrate you - do why bother and add stress.
    Best to move on...

If you wish to use the no free will argument..., then why politicians campaign? Why media attempt to sway popular opinion? Everyone has their mind set and unchangeable. Why are they attempting such useless tactics wasting so much money?

Obviously I bothered, thatís why I add a lot of stress around here!

Seriously, if you canít be bothered with a Ďfriendí, online or otherwise, you likely wonít be bothered by deplorable strangers.

Important decisions shouldnít just be decided by votes without any discussions. Majority rule. We the majority wants this, why bother with the minority? They can just fuck off! Thatís less stressful in the end?

Itís the built up of stress over time that gave us Trump!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 12th, 2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I do not attempt to reason with unreasonable people.
    This is a good approach to take! It's a massive waste of your time and energy.