Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all gonna die (The climate change thread)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    There's a few reports claiming that dozen or so of bee species became regionally extinct. There's worries that previously dormant (or less lethal) diseases could drive European predators into extinction, AFAIU some cats and birds are at risk because they feed on rabbits and smaller birds that can be infected by these virii and parasites and that then leads to lack of food sources for the predators or outright contagion.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Here’s a nice and succinct rundown of the state of affairs in Australia right now.

Sometimes it’s instructive to get the perspective of an outside source, in this case it’s the Beeb from Old Blighty telling it how it is.

Sorry to hear about the Aussies' struggle.

Junior Potato
    Thanks Cam.

They’ve been in charge for nearly ten years and they’re driving the country into the ground. We just had an election earlier this year and Labor looked dead-certain to win and remove these fucks from office, but nope, the voting public had other ideas (mostly programmed into them by the Murdoch news empire).

If the elections happened in September instead of May, right when the climate strike protests were kicking off, AND if Labor (left wing) and the Greens (very left wing) could for once put their differences aside and work together, we’d be dealing with a different Prime Minister who’s not off in New York at the opening of a fucking happy-clapper Hillsong church.

The light is at the end of a very long tunnel here.

Administrator
    It's oddly impressive how much damage Murdoch has done. I mean, on top of all the politics, there was MySpace.

Junior Potato
    I never knew he owned that. Must've used it as a proto-propaganda platform before figuring out it was better to do it via Facebook and Twitter.

Administrator
    Yeah, NewsCorp bought MySpace when it was nearing its peak and owned it the entire time I worked there. We usually referred to him as "uncle Rupert" when we'd see him wandering the halls.

On the plus side, he lost a ton of money on it.

Administrator
    Now that I've dispatched with making the dickheaded jokes about Murdoch..

https://twitter.com/dansran/status/1208330860547567616

Holy shit.

Junior Potato
    Oooooof