Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all gonna die (The climate change thread)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    ZAF is 21:2
    USA is 50:8

All approximate values.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Question more to the euros on the board, is Greta some white-nationalist Messianic weirdo?
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Question more to the euros on the board, is Greta some white-nationalist Messianic weirdo?
    What would make her white nationalist? I saw she had a photo with an anti-fascism t-shirt on and got criticized for it

https://apple.news/ALWbmXPJJRweVtB7ppM9owg

Wow! We came up with a whopping $22 million from the world’s richest nations to help fight fires in Amazon.

To put it into perspective, people collectively raise nearly a billion to help restore a burnt church in France.

I guess God could always restore the rain forests for free later...

To make matters worse, Brazil doesn’t even want help fighting that fire...

Fighting climate change will be an uphill battle...

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/27/75468...t-amazon-fires

As expected, Brazil refused the little bit of the money raised... well, unless the Frenchie president apologize. Then maybe Brazil will take the money.

I think nations should just each try to cut their own carbon emissions and reforest their own lands and do all that without your own people rioting against you. If which ever nation could successfully do all that, then perhaps we can tell others what to do?

All the rich developed nations started polluting way before everyone else... so I suppose it's fair that these countries can perhaps try to be carbon "negative" to help clean up those other countries who don't want to give up fossil fuel yet? US really should be the one taking the lead... Anyway, who would've thought trying to save the planet could be this controversial...

Yes, the star contrast between "OMG INSTA NOTRE DAME IS A DYING" and "Amazon burns ok" is incredibly sad.

Junior Potato
    Stupid hypothetical:

If the Yanks can send the CIA into a country to assassinate a leader and install a friendly government, then why not send the CIA to fly firefighting aircraft over the rainforest?

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Because brown people, and fuck trees.

The current "leadership" doesn't give a fuck about the environment. They give even less of a fuck about people that aren't white.

So, sorry Amazon, your fucked. Twice.

Add to that, Trump wants to nuke hurricanes, and there you have it.

Junior Potato
    Thus:

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/201...f-white-people

Climate inaction is a racist and classist status-quo. As is health care and welfare.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I've been thinking lately about these climate crises and how they will manifest themselves.

I know that we're inching toward 10 billion people worldwide and due to birth rates and statistics, it is going to start dropping after that, but the question remained about if we could support 10 billion people. The answer is yes if we all cut down our usage of resources and be overall smarter, but developing countries are starting to adopt our bad habits.

I have a feeling what we're going to potentially see, and as much as I hate to say this, because it feeds right into the narrative of these rich a-holes is that a lot of poor people in less developed areas will die off, and somehow after a major "correction" in the environment, the rest of us will still be alive. The international markets and the way business gets done meanwhile will be absolutely devastated possibly and that "correction" may also take into account how we do trade and interact with each other.

It is going to be a very unstable time in the best case scenario.