Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all gonna die (The climate change thread)

Following in the footsteps of Sagan.

It's shocking to me the deep vastness of the conspiracy theories about Greta Thunberg. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. Young, well-educated girl takes a stand and speaks up for science and reason? Must be bought and paid for by <insert leftist government here>.

Of course, those are the same wingnuts who believe dubious or thoroughly discredited global cooling or climate-change-is-a-hoax "scientists" who are on the payroll of big oil and transportation companies.

Junior Potato

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    There's a few factors at work:

- Those who are incredibly corrupt and either can't understand or can't believe that there's people out there who ACTUALLY want to do positive things in the world, without having a profit motivation, etc.

- Those who are incredibly corrupt and want to convince other people that those who are trying to save the planet are the ones who are corrupt, to deflect from their own actions

- A combination of the two
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

I thought Greta handled everything thrown at her quite well. I don't think she'd want people to defend 'her', she'd rather people save ourselves from extinction.

Don't get so worked up over this. Save our political energies to actually do something helpful for the planet. Start it one person at a time. Shouting at people who rejects Greta's message won't do us any good. Action speaks louder than words. Greta also was asking people to vote wisely, that's another action... I'm sure she wasn't asking for our help to save 'her'. She's more interested in saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    My gal talkin' shop. I am always genuinely impressed with her screen presence.

https://video.scetv.org/video/climat...-in-sc-mfbv39/
    Just finished watching this... my goodness... Lori really looks like she knows what she's talking about. I'm not sure I'd argue with her about climate change. Well, you probably don't want to argue with your wife about anything in general.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 2nd, 2019 at 09:18 AM.

My gal was interviewed on the local Fox affiliate today. She is doing an interview for the local paper as well tomorrow morning. Media super-star!

Nice going

Junior Potato
    Extinction Rebellion protesters have been regularly disrupting peak hour traffic (but not bus lanes) in Brisbane recently - which I fucking love because itís hilarious - by gluing themselves to roads and hanging from bridges etc.

This week one of the mad dogs was picked up by the police after setting himself up in a little barricade. He had set his phone to live stream everything, then glued his hand to the phone, with his thumb glued to the screen so that the police couldnít turn it off!

Link to post on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/24383898983...dex=13&sfns=mo

I think Wellington might be due a visit from them on Monday. Might be interesting.

Junior Potato
    Yeah, October 7-11 is Rebellion Week starting Monday. Increased protests for five days in all the major cities everywhere.

Good on them. I really mean it.

The Qld cops are holding press conferences warning people in Brisbane to plan ahead. They're treading the fine line between respecting people's right to protest and calling them useless hippies who just get in everyone's way. They're much more subtle about it than our federal government is this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    My gal was interviewed on the local Fox affiliate today. She is doing an interview for the local paper as well tomorrow morning. Media super-star!
    I hope she was able to work in some CG plugs, too.