Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all gonna die (The climate change thread)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    A polar scientist and a heavy-metal band depict global climatic dystopia.

“When you look at a map or a globe,” Dr. Frey continued, referring to several examples hanging on her wall, “you are always imagining that white polygon around the North Pole. But that will cease to exist in our lifetime.”
    acket.

Good for map makers, tho.

I recently unfriended an old school chum on FB because they shared something from an anti-climate science group.

Maybe its a Northern Hemisphere thing...
    I dont feel any connection to that ice.
    As for maps - so what? The ice wasnt permanent, any depiction in a map is either a single snapshot or more likely an artists impression.

Id be far more worried about polar bears than some ideal thats in peoples mind of a place they have never been.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I recently unfriended an old school chum on FB because they shared something from an anti-climate science group.
    Why not engage in some conversations before unfriending?

If he ends up calling your wife a dumbass, then perhaps that’d be time to unfriend. Otherwise, you may very well be the best climate ambassador for that guy! Unfriending him will only leave him at the mercy of that anticlimate group...

Junior Potato
    Can you ask Roofer why he never engaged me in a conversation before I was so unceremoniously unfriended by him on Facebook?

I forget what it was about. He either said something extremely racist or ignorant about climate change.

I was never his friend on Facebook and he left this place without letting me know so I wouldn’t know...

Only GTXFer I’d give up ‘arguing’ with was Neanderthal. He’s made it clear and I’m a dumbass and he’s never going to change his mind. It’s Hillary or nothing with him... so I think under such circumstance, it’s okay to give up.

Anyway, at least we can try is to not give up on each other right away without even trying.

Administrator
    What indicates to you that Cam never tried before giving up?

Nothing. That’s why I asked him why not try it before unfriending.

Did you see indications that I missed?

Administrator
    Well, I'd assume that you saw an indication that he hadn't tried, otherwise asking him to try doesn't make a ton of sense.