Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all gonna die (The climate change thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I recently unfriended an old school chum on FB because they shared something from an anti-climate science group.
    Cam was very brief. These were his exact words. There were no clear indications either way. Naturally I assumed he didn't try and that's why I was asking him. Can you guys just let Cam answer my question rather than keeping on interrogating me for asking him a simple question?

I do not attempt to reason with unreasonable people.

It’s not just about reasoning or logic with them, we’re humans, not Vulcans!

Let them know what your wife know, if they refuse to believe you, then so be it. However, maybe your friendship could sway them! Who knows? Won’t know if you try.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    It’s not just about reasoning or logic with them, we’re humans, not Vulcans!

Let them know what your wife know, if they refuse to believe you, then so be it. However, maybe your friendship could sway them! Who knows? Won’t know if you try.
    Why bother?
    Most people have their minds made up on these issues. And its not based on facts, so adding facts wont change it.
    Most likely all it will do is frustrate you - do why bother and add stress.
    Best to move on...

If you wish to use the no free will argument..., then why politicians campaign? Why media attempt to sway popular opinion? Everyone has their mind set and unchangeable. Why are they attempting such useless tactics wasting so much money?

Obviously I bothered, that’s why I add a lot of stress around here!

Seriously, if you can’t be bothered with a ‘friend’, online or otherwise, you likely won’t be bothered by deplorable strangers.

Important decisions shouldn’t just be decided by votes without any discussions. Majority rule. We the majority wants this, why bother with the minority? They can just fuck off! That’s less stressful in the end?

It’s the built up of stress over time that gave us Trump!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 12th, 2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I do not attempt to reason with unreasonable people.
    This is a good approach to take! It's a massive waste of your time and energy.

Junior Potato
    To: Marsh and McLennan Insurance Brokers

Subject: Environmental Risk
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I note with interest that your company has helped provide insurance coverage to volunteer firefighters and SES during the most recent Australian bush fire crisis in 2019/2020.

These bush fires are widely regarded to have been exacerbated by the worsening climate emergency, brought about by increased carbon emissions due to the burning of fossil fuels.

While we continue to destroy ancient natural habitats and burn fossil fuels, we will continue to place more firefighters and other emergency service personnel at risk. Alongside this comes further risk to everyday people, their property, and the environment.

In light of this, will Marsh be reconsidering providing assistance to Adani while they put in motion their plan to build one of the largest coal mines in the southern hemisphere?

As a business case, surely this is not sustainable. And neither would be the method of delivering energy to power business and industry in the future,

Please have a second look at this before you go ahead.

Yours sincerely,
    Mick Johnson

Climate change/environmental issues seemed to have fallen off the map since the pandemic...

However, I recently saw this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...erin-brokovich

We are rapidly losing sperms and our penises are shrinking! If current projection holds, by 2045, mankind won't be ejaculating any sperms.

Then earth's climate shall be restored? We probably no longer need to worry about the climate anymore..., but definitely need to be careful of what we're polluting our environment with...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 22nd, 2021 at 02:49 PM.

I've been pretty busy getting ready to move... packing, getting my RV ready, getting my cats used to traveling...

However, my mind still can't help but noticed these scary strange things that are happening. Pacific NW, including parts of Canada, is like Death Valley hot! and the SE are wet and flooded. This coming July 4th celebration may screw up American's plans big time! My new neighbors up in NW were telling me they fire off real exploding fireworks on the street every year... I hope they won't end up burning my new house down this weekend...

210628115130-weather-fourth-of-july-weekend-outlook-super-169.jpg

Oh well, life goes on I guess. Expect the worst(so we can be prepared), and hope for the best(so we won't go insane)!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    this makes climate change deniers seem stupider and stupider...but seemingly more and more too late to make a difference. There is going to probably be a lot of people moving to places with more mild weather patterns?