View Poll Results: Future World Champion?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, multiple times

5 50.00%
  • Yes, once

3 30.00%
  • No

2 20.00%
  • Don't know

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Max Verstappen, future world champion?

Takes one to know one and all.

Yes, pretty sure you’ll be a multiple champ in your field too!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    If Hamilton gets a long term contract, he might become this generation's Montoya. A brilliant, fast douchenozzle. Well, except that Montoya was a hot-headed idiot off-track, but not an entitled one.
    acket.

I think the future hinges on the Mercedes. If they continue to build the top machinery through into the next rule change then I feel for the future of F1 in general as far as the audience is concerned.

Whether Hamilton signs or not, Mercedes likely has the next couple of championships in the bag until the big rule change. The points spread might be a little closer though.

But hopefully the rule shakeup can bring everything back to square one. If Mercedes stays in F1 and continues building the top machinery then fans will start losing interest. I mean even Mercedes fans will be wanting parity after 10 championships in a row.

So my thoughts are that Max’s future really hinges on the Mercedes advantage. Because a Russell/Bottas combo is just as dominant in the current machinery hierarchy.

In a few years hopefully another team emerges to build a true competitor. Until then Max will be stuck in 2nd or 3rd for the foreseeable future.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    If they don't sign Hamilton maybe, maybe, he has a chance of being picked up. That's what I meant. I wasn't sufficiently clear.
    acket.

Well my thoughts were that even if they don't sign Hamilton I thought Russell would be the replacement. And Bottas the number 2.

Not sure how likely it would be for Mercedes to drop Bottas in the future and pick up Max. They've seemed pretty much a "no" on that possibility. Which pretty much ruins Max's WDC hopes...assuming Merc stays dominant. Because this Honda "rebadging" (and subsequent attempt to "freeze development") is just a very temporary way to stay relevant by RBR. One that will fail eventually.
    Last edited by JoeW; January 8th, 2021 at 11:22 AM.

Nobody can stay on top forever. Only way for Mercedes/Hamilton to go is either stay #1 or go down... just a matter of time.

My personal gut feeling is that Max is better than Montoya. At least Max’s driving moves me more than Montoya’s...

Anyway, nobody can predict the future, who knew Senna was only good for 3 championships...

Number 2

Administrator
    I like that I was trying to avoid spoilers from the race, but just looking at the main GTX page made this pop up as the most recent post and I will stab you, JoeW.

Administrator
    I mean, it's not a big surprise or anything, but also stab stab stab