View Poll Results: Future World Champion?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, multiple times

5 50.00%
  • Yes, once

3 30.00%
  • No

2 20.00%
  • Don't know

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Max Verstappen, future world champion?

Multiple: He and Leclerc are the only two clear top guys under 30* (both 21) so they'll theoretically be battling out most of the 2020's championships.

With that said, he hasn't shown to be an all-time great but will put up great numbers because of his age and number of races.
    Max beat Carlos Sainz Jr. in 2015, but Ricciardo beat him in 2016 and 2017. When the retirements were even, Ricciardo was ahead of Max in 2018 as well.
    *Ricciardo will be at least 31 by the time get gets a decent car again

samoht, I think you mean If he retires at the same age that Michael did, he'll hang up his helmet in December 2030 August 2040

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Speaking of top cars, I'd be interested to know what's the return on Mercedes' investment. It's been free global publicity basically, or what Ferrari enjoyed for 50 years. If Bottas wins it this year, their brand recognition would go thru the roof, as they won't be seen winning because of their drivers.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I think the stars will align for Verstappen eventually, but without a hot seat at Ferrari or Mercedes, and also without a stronger or more experienced driver taking the #1 role, it’ll be hard for him.

So I voted that he’ll get one. Just one.

Interesting that nobody on this board is humble enough to say 'I don't know' when it comes to predicting the future.

A the moment, multiple times is in the lead!!!

(My little smilie icon is suggesting at least 4 times!!!)

I think a pretty good comparison to Verstappen is Bryce Harper. A talented douchenozzle that's never won anything but seems to feel he's owed success.

Don't know Bryce Aron Max Harper because I don't watch baseball all that much.

Whoever it is, put him in a RB and intimidate teammate Ricciardo enough to want to bail from the team, then I'd agree with your comparison.

I find it interesting that you can find Tom Swervo's snarky responses offensive yet dish out stupid snarky responses yourself.

Do you really think I don't know what 'analogy' means or just trying to be funny? Oh my gosh, I didn't realize that I'm so stupid. Thanks for letting me know.

I still think your analogy sucks and you're wrong about Max though.

I think he will.
    Im with Joe and samoht - he is just so damn young that he has time. Sooo much time.
    We dont know who will come thru (Leclerc is here, but who is coming in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?).
    He might not win a championship till Vettel and Hamilton retire. Actually think that is almost the better question (sorry moving the goalposts) - those who think he will win, will it be in the next 5 years against the current drivers or later (possibly much later)
    Burn out (mental - not tyres!) is a danger. Possibly a bigger risk for him than most, being successful at such a young age and then stalling could easily lead to frustration and he doesnt handle frustration well.

As for the rest of his attitude (and yes I think it is a factor in drivers - often "bad" is what you want, just not "terrible") - I think he has that about right. His team seems to like him while the other drivers dont. That can be a successful mix.
    I think he is attractive to teams, proven record, fast when its his day, not too crashy! I could see him being courted by the top teams and get the best car.

Well the F1 site have ranked him #1 since race 2. Proclaimed “douchenozzle” by the illustrious Dodint or not.