Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of getting a dog

I know a couple with two dogs, one of which is a malmute. They are high-energy and need a lot of exercise and attention. I can make a pretty good guess this couple leave the dogs at home all day while working. The malmute has destroyed several sofas, among other things. Malmutes cannot be left alone for extended periods. They get bored very easily and start looking for things to do, mainly destroy stuff. Like neanderthal said, consider the breed before getting a dog. This is where the shelter attendants can help you find a dog with a chill personality.

Indeed. So, so important not to base your decision on "this dog looks cool." Energy level, especially, is super important.

Junior Potato
    Iíve got a couple of friends who own two dogs. They made a decision before they got married to never have kids, so they got two pups from the pound instead!

They both earned a decent amount of money in their careers, so at the moment theyíve quit their jobs and are spending a couple of years travelling by caravan around Australia, and of course they took the dogs with them. All four of them are absolutely loving it.

Got to meet Levi last weekend. Levi is cool.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! TheBenior's Avatar
    I can't remember if Apollo was scared of you or not. He was terrified of Bill when they met.

I don't think so. But I am sure Apollo was older and wiser by the time I showed up.