Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: T.50

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I like the styling mostly, especially from the back...would like a darker silver though...to match better with the headlights, etc.

I keep hearing people (morons) saying the front looks like an MR2 Spyder.....as a former owner MR2 Spyder owner, I wonder what they're smoking

Delayed, non-linear engine response. Gordon would never have it for his flagship Driver's Car.

The T-43 is expected to have a Ford turbo 3cyl. I would guess his reasonings to go turbo on that car have to do with A) wanting to use a mass-produced, already-certified engine for cost savings, and B) weight, size, and packaging as they relate to a desired torque curve. This will be a more affordable sports car so a bespoke Cosworth V12 is probably out of budget. Besides that, there probably aren't many inexpensive, smaller, balanced high output NA engines to choose from anymore.

Junior Potato
    2.6L Hayabusa V8...

Hell, my Aprilia 1100 V4 already makes a really good light weight sportscar engine.

Edit: Well I guess he's already gone down the motorcycle engine route with the Rocket (do you now see one of the biggest reasons why I'm such a motorcycle nut?) but upon reflection picking a good car engine for the smaller low-cost car is a wise choice.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; August 6th, 2020 at 03:01 AM.

I like the design, and the nods to the F1 in it. I don't like the 2-tone, but he did say all the black would be exposed carbon on production models. And, it's entirely bespoke anyway.

The one thing I don't like it I feel the body work should swoop down and back up more between the wheels. Seems a bit slab-sided there.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Delayed, non-linear engine response. Gordon would never have it for his flagship Driver's Car.

The T-43 is expected to have a Ford turbo 3cyl. I would guess his reasonings to go turbo on that car have to do with A) wanting to use a mass-produced, already-certified engine for cost savings, and B) weight, size, and packaging as they relate to a desired torque curve. This will be a more affordable sports car so a bespoke Cosworth V12 is probably out of budget. Besides that, there probably aren't many inexpensive, smaller, balanced high output NA engines to choose from anymore.
    I wonder if he could fit the S2000 engine in there... That would be perfect!

T-43 sounds like a more reasonable car... at least for us!

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I keep hearing people (morons) saying the front looks like an MR2 Spyder.....as a former owner MR2 Spyder owner, I wonder what they're smoking
    I hadn't noticed before, but now that you mentioned it... the head lights do resemble the MR2 spyder a bit, don't you think? Sorry for being a moron...

I have to say T50's headlights are my 2nd least favorite feature on the car... #1 being that big fan on its butt.

The big headlights made it look dated, but I guess I can understand that because he also has some big air ducts hiding under those lights so you don't even notice the ducts thanks to those headlights... The big round fan exhaust just made it look cheesy like a bat mobile..., but since everything is actually functional and do serve a purpose, I'm not going to complain much!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Newey.
    Except for the foglights, those like late seventies shit.

I hope Pedroumo gets a chance to design a road car.
    Anybody got any info on what material is the windshield?
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Anybody got any info on what material is the windshield?
    I'm not clear on it, no.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Except for the foglights, those like late seventies shit.
    Got it. It's a joke. Not funny, really.
    acket.