Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T.50

He mentioned in the videos making a racing version, I thought, I just don't know what series. He explained in one of the videos (or the one podcast) that the racing versions of the McLaren F1 are what made the most money for the company.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by XHawkeye View Post
    SupercarOwner's view of the new 3 seat supercars Speedtail, 004S, & T.50

https://karenable.com/21st-century-3...-the-gma-t-50/
    Hmm, I guess I'll have to reserve my judgment until after I've test driven all 3 cars...

For now, if T50 were really designed to steal driver's hearts, I have to admit I love T50 more just by looking at those 3 cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Hmm, I guess I'll have to reserve my judgment until after I've test driven all 3 cars...
    Speaking of which, after all the haggling that had to be done to get the three big hypercars to face off with each other, this combo could be even harder. They have such different goals: the cheapest of the three would likely be the fastest on most tracks.

Fingers crossed that they let Tiff have a go in the T.50, though. And get someone from the LeMans winning McLaren team to drive the Speedtail down the Mulsanne straight with the chicanes bypassed.

I’m sure when the cars are all out and ready, some car shows gonna test drive them all together...

Still, unless I get to test drive them myself, I’ll reserve my judgement.

Actually, I’ll trust Cuda’s judgment after he drove them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I’m sure when the cars are all out and ready, some car shows gonna test drive them all together...
    Based on all the hubbub around getting the P1, 918, and LaFerrari together, I don't think it's just as easy as getting one of each and renting a race track.

Well, this may be different, at least for two of the cars...

Especially with Ferrari they can say if you do the direct comparison, you won't get access to the next car or whatever. That's something McLaren could pull, but not really SCG or GMA.

I always just assumed it was more direct than that, that they had contracts/insurance/etc that outlets had to agree to, with legal ramifications and takedown orders if they were breached.

Junior Potato
    Nah my speculation says that it is just a case of manufacturers trying to dictate the media narrative.

See: video games media.

Especially true when multiple cars in the same window come out within a few months of each other, like the 918, the P1, and la La Ferrari, and nobody wants to be seen as worse than the rest.

If you don't play along you lose access to timely content.

My speculation is that some like Jay Leno will buy all 3 and then let us know how he likes them...

I wonder if it’s possible for manufacturers to force buyers to sign NDAs? If you badmouth our cars, we will never sell you our cars again?