Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette C8 - Finally a mid-engined Corvette

Memes don't have to make sense, they just have to be low hanging fruit.

I like it. But I'm also not the target audience.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I would understand if Corvette owners don't like the mid-engined layout, if only because it seems it may be a lot more tricky to work on the engine (if existing Corvette owners enjoy doing that)

Based on the one picture in the original post it looks great (and on throws wheels); thought it was a 458
    Doesn’t look nearly as good in brighter colors and most other angles.
    Regardless, that they kept it well under $100k is amazing

Fantastic in-depth interview with the head engineer, if you like learning about car design this is brilliant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBfX...ature=youtu.be

How to remove the transmission. Link if you need to waste time in the wasteland of a reddit thread.

GM dealer technician here. Vehicle has 32 miles on it, driven conservatively in accordance with recommended break in procedures. The transmission has developed a small fluid leak, and is setting a DTC for the limited slip differential fluid pressure. After going through various levels of technical assistance and action center personnel, Tremec has opted to tear the unit down themselves. So, I get to put a box in it. I figured some of you would be interested in seeing one get torn apart, so I'll be adding pictures as I go today and likely tomorrow. So far, nothing earthshattering. The rear suspension comes apart a lot easier than the C7, but the engine support fixture is a bear. If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll see if I can get an answer.

Update - subframe is on the ground, I have to go poke at something else for awhile. Heres an album with some notes. I'm on mobile, let me know if the album doesnt work.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RPQUg3f

Update 2 - trans is out. Took longer than anticipated, between putting out fires elsewhere and waiting on a cadillac dealer up the road to drop off the support fixturing - its repurposed from the 2.0t removal in the 2019 XT4. Overall, not a bad job. It's a little tight, but pulling the motor forward with a strap yields plenty of room to get the input shaft clear of the flywheel. Of course, GM will decide to pay me about 6 hours for the R+R, but for now, the labor ops are straight time across the platform. I'll update again during reassembly if anything interesting comes up, but let me know if you want to see anything in particular.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7L8BLnR

Can confirm, the C8 does not suck on track. The car I drove had coilovers so I can't speak to the stock spring/damper package. It generated very high cornering speeds when you consider it was on street tires, but to be fair I don't know Cup 2s specifically (maybe they're really amazing?). The car could use a little bit more rear downforce at high speed - that was the biggest missed opportunity I noticed.

Could the high wing package provide such rear downforce?
    Get that weak shit off my track