Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Isn't plastic fantastic?

All our beaches have warnings saying it could be dangerous to swim after rain.
    Thats mostly due to dog shit!!

Aussie govt just banned exporting recyclable wastes, CA needs to do the same!

I had no idea until fairly recently that the western nations don’t really recycle, we just sell it to China or whatever other 3rd world countries. So when China has less desire for such imports or stuck in a tariff war, CA has no clue what to do with recyclable wastes!

Our states biggest recycling company just recently decided to shut its door overnight!

I think CA really need to figure out how recycle things for ourselves before banning straws and stuff.

Who knows, lots of those plastics flowing down rivers in China might originally be from CA!!!

CA charges extra fees on each can or bottle called California redemption value tax... and the redemption rate is only about 50%. If it weren’t for the homeless people collecting these cans and bottles, we’d probably be recycle even less. With more and more recycling centers closing, it becomes harder for consumers to get the redemption money back too. So state ends up making extra money while we recycle less and less.

But anyway, at least we sorta banned plastic bags and straws!

Junior Potato
    Yep heard it on the radio today. There is a government leaders conference happening this weekend, where each state and territory has agreed to ban recycling plastic exports. It’ll be passed into legislation and come into force by next July, I reckon.

So we will have to actually put the effort in an recycle our own waste. The taxpayer may have to foot the bill but who cares? It’s a win for the environment, and a new industry for the economy.

Yeah, I get the feeling China just bought our wastes and pick out what they wanted and then dumps the rest into the ocean as mk’s post indicated...

We absolutely need to do this ourselves!

It’s crazy to sell our junk to China and believe that we’re really recycling.

State of CA really made a lot of money ‘recycling’. CRV tax collected and people never fully redeem the full value...