Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a new PC

RAM with Ryzen must be, AT LEAST, 3000Mhz, if not better 3200Mhz. Under 3000Mhz you can have 40% performance loss, seriously.
    Also, get 2x8gb, you will losing out going with only one stick of ram at single channel instead of 2 sticks going dual channel.
    Single channel is a big no no.
    8gb of ram is base minimum for gaming and it's not going to be enough for rendering videos and/or streaming.

Get a B450 motherboard, but it must be MAX or MAX PLUS, otherwise you would not be able to mount directly a Ryzen 3xxx on it.
    Also, is that motherboard a Micro ATX one? Why? Unless you are going with a small case you should always go for normal ATX motherboards.

The Crucial MX500 SSD is fine, I use it two myself, one for the OS (250gb) one for the games (500gb).
    For mechanical HDDs go for Toshiba or decent WD, at least 7200rpm, obviously.

GTX 1650 is a shitty video card: under the 1660 you go for AMD always. RX 580 8gb or RX 570 8gb. Also, 4gb in GPUs for modern games do not cut it.

It's already bought and paid for. It will be fine, really.

Oh, I didn't read properly!
    Well, you can always upgrade it later, thankfully that is feasible with a PC!

So... congrats on the new PC!

Yeah, I was not clear that I actually bought it.

It will primarily be a work machine. I do most of my gaming on Xbox.

My ten-year old PC edits my video just fine. I could buy a "shitty" machine by today's standards and it would still be better than my current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Yeah, I was not clear that I actually bought it.

It will primarily be a work machine. I do most of my gaming on Xbox.

My ten-year old PC edits my video just fine. I could buy a "shitty" machine by today's standards and it would still be better than my current one.
    Out of interest did the builders make any recommendations about spec such as Blerpa above has mentioned? Like RAM speed?

An upgrade to the RAM isn't a massive expense though. https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-...82E16820232742
    Last edited by Alan P; October 12th, 2019 at 03:43 PM.

It will be fine, really.

Junior Potato
    Same thing happened top me, Cam.

Ask for advice, you get crickets.

Buy a PC, and all these loveable souls come out of the woodwork and tell you what you should've bought instead

4 different people, you included RWA, suggested him what to buy, before, mind.

I agree with Cam. For the money it will be fine.

Even doing all the changes Blerpa recommended above you might gain a second on boot up time. All your programs will run just fine. I guarantee you that under regular day to day computing loads you couldn’t tell the difference between your computer and a computer built with his changes.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Having gone the NVMe "hard drive' route on this one, I will never use anything but, going forward.