Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a new PC

It finally shipped. They took their damn time.

Finally got it. I only ordered it a month ago. I had a good experience in the past with Velocity Micro, so that is why I ordered from them again. I am not very impressed with their performance this time.

How's the rig, otherwise?

Win10 will take a bit of getting used to. Haven't really had a chance to try anything yet. Although, I did install rFactor 2, but haven't run it. I am still setting things up. I had to order an adapter to connect my Cintiq to the video card (DVI-I to Display Port). It will take a few days to get here. I have to either network my old machine to my new machine to transfer files or install my old main HD in the new machine.

I did some solo laps in rFactor 2 last night with a controller. It was nearly undriveable, but it looked sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Win10 will take a bit of getting used to. Haven't really had a chance to try anything yet. Although, I did install rFactor 2, but haven't run it. I am still setting things up. I had to order an adapter to connect my Cintiq to the video card (DVI-I to Display Port). It will take a few days to get here. I have to either network my old machine to my new machine to transfer files or install my old main HD in the new machine.
    I use a shell for the start menu to make it much more like Windows 7's. It's called Classic Shell. http://www.classicshell.net/

I just want to report that my new system runs rFactor 2 and iRacing beautifully.

I should also mention that the adapter I ordered never shipped. I cancelled the order and I'm working on getting it somewhere else.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    I use a shell for the start menu to make it much more like Windows 7's. It's called Classic Shell. http://www.classicshell.net/
    Interesting. That's what I cringed about when I first got on W10, all previous versions had "classic" settings....

I use "Quick Launch" a lot, and you have to manually set that up on 10 as well (although, having done it at least 30 times on various machines, I can type the path from memory...)

Junior Potato
    I gave up on using quick launch. It's a good idea and was very handy back in the day, but these days I just pin whatever apps I need to the taskbar.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm just so used to using it, and setting it up first thing after a new install, I don't even realize I do it.