Page 110 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

That's actually on point.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    we're living the Hamilton era.

Funnily, Sky mentioned the three most successful drivers of the era were him, Vettel and Rosberg. Will have to check that one.
    acket.

Most successful meaning drivers who actually won championships(s)? Then where's Kimi? If multi-champs are needed for the label of most successful, then Rosberg could be taken off the list?

To use the word 'most' successful, not even Vettel could come close to Hamilton at this point?

I think they meant number of podiums, 2007 to the present.
    acket.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...dium-finishes/

Found that stat online but only up to 2019. Including 2020, LH should've surpassed Michael already when it comes to podium finishes.

Vettel is at a solid 3rd position ahead of Alain Prost. Then Kimi, ahead of Alonso and Senna. Even RB had more podium finishes than Rosberg. I suppose RB probably wasn't considered as in the same 'era', but I just thought they shouldn't have ignored Kimi. Perhaps even Kimi is considered as part of the older generation era?

Anyway, regardless of era or generation, Max is way down the list with podiums... however, Max is currently tied with Bottas for total wins I believe.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 26th, 2020 at 10:34 AM.

There's been some debate regarding Red Bulls problems recently. Hakkinen thinks it's not that they have a bad second driver, but a problematic car that can only be setup to Verstappen's specifications.

That opens up speculation that Max is too inexperienced to lead the engineering team towards a better car, and instead leads them to a loop where he adapts to compensate, staying on the original design path instead of making them address the problems with the car. The former strategy has immediate returns but history has shown that it's the latter that helps create the engineering momentum needed for winning streaks.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; October 29th, 2020 at 10:04 AM.
    acket.

I've been thinking something similar with HRC in MotoGP. I think Marquez has such a unique style, that the bike is shit in the hands of anyone else. Then with him out this year, maybe they've made some adjustments, and now we've seen Alex, Cal and Taka making progress. The latter two of course on a customer team have actually had some more performance, probably due to setup divergence from the factory squad.

Just speculation though.

Plausible theory, but I suspect it’s the teams problem rather than chassis or the leading driver’s problem.

Likewise with Leclerc beating the crap out of Vettel. I suspect it’s the team itself focusing too much on their primary driver and totally forgotten the 2nd driver... whether it’s setup, strategy, updated parts...

RB probably just need a more experienced 2nd fiddler rather than promoting newbies and not giving them the support they need and giving them too much pressure.

However, I suppose RBs method might be good to select a super star. Vettel beat the senior teammate. Ricciardo did the same. Likewise Max.

If a rookie could come close to a fast and experience teammate without cracking under pressure like Hamilton did, he’s a keeper!

Problem with RB is that they’re running out of Jr. drivers in the pipeline?

I imagine most 23yr olds don't get much input into the design aspects of their car. They build it, he drives it, says this is what it is doing, they try to fix what is wrong (within their design philosophy)...and the cycle continues. The "problem" is he's driving the fucking nuts off of a car that has no business going that fast. They see podiums and assume they are just a few horsepower, a wing adjustment or some simple design element away from victory. Instead of seeing the design flaw ahead of time (like Ferrari did) and starting over with a fresh design.

But either way, I have heard the car is so fucked up that only Max can drive around the issues effectively. It looks to be the most unstable car on the grid right now.

Strolls attempted pass was fucking stupid dangerous.

Max is still a twat nozzle