Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Because Pretty much everyone here continued to view Max as a douche bag or a has been whenever it is his car that couldn’t win or couldn’t finish?

Until max becomes a multi champ, I don’t think I could ever confirm that I’m right about Max. If Max never becomes a multi champ, I’m sure JoeW will end up being a laughing stock here for life!

As long as Max isn't a multichamp, we'll just never have the evidence to prove that we're right. Maybe we're the ones who are biased...

We'll see.
    Will Max ever be a Champion at Red Bull? That is the question. I suspect that if he doesn't have a title chasing car by the end of his current contract he will look elsewhere. He's contracted to the end of the 2023 season when he will be 26. Still easily enough time for 3 or more WDC's in the right team.

If he is really good enough and don’t get into any serious accidents, there’s really no reason for him to not land in a top team and winning multiple champs.

He has to be extremely unlucky to be locked out of top rides for the entire duration of his most likely long career.

Quote Originally Posted by XHawkeye View Post

@LewisHamilton needs just one more win to equal Michael @Schumacher's all-time record of 91 Formula 1 victories:

https://buff.ly/2ZwEyIn
    That is a super interesting curve, 2 of them seem to have a similar slope going up... and Hamilton pretty much picked up where Schumacher left off?!?!

I totally forgot about that...

Ask me about my bottom br
    Cool hi-res poster of Hamilton doing his BLM demonstation.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br

This was posted on the Twitter feed of the Mercedes team with the caption "steamedhamsV2.jpg".

The irony of principal Skinner trying to pass something he bought for something he made, was lost.
    acket.

Do you think customer teams can win championships in this day and age? Seems like it would be improbable with so many full factory efforts in the game. With that said...and not knowing the answer...I would expect someone like Max to be able to exit RBR for nearly any reason he wanted to if a real opportunity showed up. I just don't think a customer team like RBR can beat a team like Mercedes on sheer car performance. Being able to design the whole package from the ground up would always seem to have an advantage if done right. If done wrong, like Ferrari, then we can see how it can go south pretty quickly. But as long as one factory team is doing this right I just don't see a customer team being able to do "right" any better than Mercedes.

RBR is a big team, on par with *manifacturer* teams, no matter what Horner has made you believe - it is basically Honda team and has almost the same budget than Ferrari: 445mil $ for 2019.
    Mercedes is just better.
    Accept it.

Also, your reasoning is flawed and shows lack of knowledge of F1 history: Honda in the 60s, Porsche in the 50s, Aston Martin, BRM, Toyota, BMW and more are there to show how racing teams can beat manufacturers, no matter if they get it right or not.
    Last edited by Blerpa; September 15th, 2020 at 11:12 AM.

Yeah, I think the key is the right group of people and With sufficient patience so that you could see the fruits of those right peoples’ hard work. Honda ran out of patience and got spooked by a down market. So Brawn GP was no longer a factory team. Toyota was a factory team and spent billions with little to show for... maybe I’d they spent more money? RB also had a streak and for sure they’re not factory.

In retrospect, the common denominator from Ferrari to Mercedes is Ross Brawn. I guess he is just a great team builder? Also when Adrian Newey gets it right, his cars will be hard to beat, but one person just can’t always beat a great team.

Regarding RB, they are essentially Honda’s factory team now. With Adrian Newey, unless he has lost his touch, Max winning the championship with RB should be a matter of time.

Yes, right now Mercedes is just plain better, even if they’re cheating, they are also plain better at not getting caught. They also clearly have the best drivers driving for them. Their success is due to this entire package? Not just because they’re factory like Toyota...

However once an unbeatable team has been assembled and has the financial backing of a manufacturer, that’s the dangerous or boring part of f1 racing.

Maybe after 3 consecutive championships, factory team should be forced to split up with the factory staying involved with PU to other teams, but the chassis side will become a brand new customer team! Sell them at a premium to perhaps enticing other manufacturers/billionaires to come join F1 racing...

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    RBR is a big team, on par with *manifacturer* teams, no matter what Horner has made you believe - it is basically Honda team and has almost the same budget than Ferrari: 445mil $ for 2019.
    Mercedes is just better.
    Accept it.

Also, your reasoning is flawed and shows lack of knowledge of F1 history: Honda in the 60s, Porsche in the 50s, Aston Martin, BRM, Toyota, BMW and more are there to show how racing teams can beat manufacturers, no matter if they get it right or not.
    In case you missed it...I said "in this day and age".

The FIA have introduced a $200m 'lost income fee' for any potential new entrants to F1. This money will be distributed between the existing teams, $20m each, as a sweetener for them as they will lose income if another team (or more) joins. Not that this is likely to happen when a new entrant needs to come up with that and at least the same again to be competitive. The only way in at the moment then is to buy out an existing team. And TBH the only ones who might potentially be for sale are Alpha Tauri and perhaps Haas. Well played FIA, FOM and the teams, well played indeed. Even a manufacturer will likely be put off by this. $400m pays for a LOT of advertising spend!