Page 72 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Junior Potato
    To save costs, maybe they could have qualifying engines.

One engine per driver per year. In return, they reduce their yearly 'normal' engine allocation by 1.

It can be a hand grenade but it has to make it into Parc Ferme at the end of Q3 on the final round.

Swap it out for race day and off you go.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    It's a spit on John Barnard's face, a disrespect to Heini Mader and countless other engineers.
    Gioacchino Colombo would be spinning faster in his grave.

2020 = 1:15.584

Not the thrillingest race ever, but
    Spoiler:
    happy to see HAM back on top after the blip last week with melting tyres. Renault seem nowhere again, after a promising Silverstone. Leclerc's knocking the ignition keys out over a bump and RB's messing up Albon's strategy allowed the (T)Racing Points to head the midfield back, but also meant that only the top three finished on the lead lap. HAM's seventh title looks more and more certain with each race, with Verstappen and Bottas taking turns to challenge in races, but neither anywhere near consistently enough to threaten for the title.

Yeah so happy to see Ham continue winning....just thrilling

Max is over achieving on a consistent basis. So he is doing better than the vehicle should be allowing. It’s Bottas who should be embarrassed. In the best car by far and sitting in 3rd behind a guy in a much slower car who has also had a DNF. Surprised Merc isn’t looking for a different driver for next year. Time to bring Russell up if you want to stay within the Merc driver pool.

I specifically said it wasn't thrilling, indeed. It makes me happy and that's something different.

I agree that Max is performing at a very high and consistent level in an unstable car, and it's making things a lot more interesting than it would be otherwise.
    https://the-race.com/formula-1/is-ve...w-our-verdict/
    "You can’t say Verstappen is outright the best driver in Formula 1 right now, but you can certainly make a strong case for him being equal best." - this is how I see it too, fwiw. Which also means I'm not going to argue with anyone who believes one is slightly better than the other.

If Merc wanted to employ the two best drivers, then I agree they'd be recruiting for someone else for next year, probably they'd have got Alonso (since Verstappen and Leclerc are taken). But that rather illuminates why they're not. They don't want the best driver in the other car, they want the driver who will make the best overall team - by which they mean, maximising the probability of winning both championships and minimising the probability of anything making the brand look bad. And Bottas is a world-class number two driver - he's quick, especially in quali, but will back off rather than collide with his team-mate. There really aren't many other drivers who are better, but who wouldn't upset the applecart.
    Russell has barely had any experience of racing wheel to wheel in F1 yet, so I don't think he's ready for the Merc seat next year, although he probably will be for 2022. Give him a bit more practice before he's expected to match up with Hamilton.

I have to agree that Bottas is still probably the best #2 driver out there.

If Mercedes really wants 2 #1 drivers, Personally, I’d like to see Vettel get the offer. I wonder if he has enough self confidence to accept at this point...

I don’t think vettel nor any driver could really thrive in that Ferrari environment... maybe he’ll do better in Mercedes?

Anyway, I just hope Leclerc won’t be destroyed by Ferrari culture...

Oh, regardless of how good Max really is, I dont think fanboiz need to defend him no mo!