Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    What does that leave Mercedes with after 2020?
    Will Hamilton retire after another championship and Mercedes pull out?
    Haven't they said they'll be in F1 until 2025 at the earliest?

Off to google.....yes they did.

Williams renews its engine deal with Mercedes till 2025.
    The team will keep building their own gearbox to retain constructor status, instead of Racing Point which uses the whole Mercedes package.
    The move is a way for the german manufacturer to block Renault's attempt to sign a engine supply deal with Williams, preventing the english team to become a junior team for the french one.
    Also this means Russell will be still at Williams next season before stepping up in the main team replacing Bottas the season after.
    Nicolas Latifi is going to be the second driver at the expense of Robert Kubica (good riddance).

Meanwhile Pascal Werhlein - right now a simulator driver at Ferrari while racing for Mahindra in Formula E - has offered himself to Haas.
    Gunther Steiner has declared Werhlein is out of F1 since 2 years ago and he declined the offer.
    We still wait to know if Grosjean will retain his seat at Haas or Hulkenberg will replace him.
    So far it seems Nico's salary is a bit too high for Haas' budget, but the parts will probably end up finalizing a decent deal which would satisfy everyone (Grosjan aside, of course).

Steiner should be out at Haas, honestly. What kind of dirt does Grosjean have on him?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Politics, man. F1 was styled after the British house of Commons. I have no evidence of that, but I don't have doubts either.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    The team will keep building their own gearbox to retain constructor status, instead of Racing Point which uses the whole Mercedes package.
    Huh?

What do you mean, how is Racing Point not considered a constructor? As far as I can tell they get points, just the same as the other 9 teams?

They are all teams and equals in terms of point standing, but Williams wants to retain their prestige as a full fledged independent constructor and not a customer team.

Also no idea why you people are getting your pants twisted about Steiner: Grosjean is out of Haas (unless a miracle is involved), the matter is only reaching a deal on Hulkenberg financial part of the contract. Aside from that is a 99% done deal already.

Grosjean, Kubica, Stroll and Giovinazzi are all pretty much irrelevant as far as I’m concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Grosjean, Kubica, Stroll and Giovinazzi are all pretty much irrelevant as far as I’m concerned.
    Three of those four will likely be out by Australia 2020.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Vasseur seems to be happy with Antonio, FWIW.
    acket.

Giovinazzi and Stroll will probably be in F1 next season.