Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Ask me about my bottom br
    Anybody else hearing that Liberty is selling F1 to ░░░░░░░░?
    acket.

Is that a censor, or are you just hearing they're selling to someone but don't know who?

Junior Potato
    NASCAR?

The NFL?

Donald Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Is that a censor, or are you just hearing they're selling to someone but don't know who?
    The latter.
    acket.

Rumors point to Liberty selling to the owners. To whatever many are left standing afterwards. Renault is rumored to be closing shop after this. I've read that the whole business is expecting a 75% drop in revenue.
    acket.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I think almost all the major championships are going to be on the verge of collapse. Even when things start returning to normal and races begin again, what families are going to have extra money to spend at races? What companies are going to want to sponsor motorsport?
    Last edited by The359; March 26th, 2020 at 06:07 AM.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    To all that I say meh.

The bazillionaires that suddenly find themselves unable to afford to run F1 can go jump.

Formula One as a property will continue to be worth something no matter what happens, so F1 will always exist. It’ll just be owned by different people.

It will be a great reset button and we might end up with a nice privateer championship (that Blerpa has always wanted ) until the big money starts flowing again.

Junior Potato
    Plus the post-COVID economy will consist of many many people trying to get the jump on everyone and failing so cash will be splashed freely. Like a new dot com bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    To all that I say meh.

The bazillionaires that suddenly find themselves unable to afford to run F1 can go jump.

Formula One as a property will continue to be worth something no matter what happens, so F1 will always exist. It’ll just be owned by different people.

It will be a great reset button and we might end up with a nice privateer championship (that Blerpa has always wanted ) until the big money starts flowing again.
    Aside from what I could want... honestly? Fuck F1 with a rusty pole.
    Who cares? I only worry for the people that may lose a job, otherwise is not really a necessity, especially in the scope of a global pandemic.
    So I agree with you.

On that line, I think Wolff, Todt and Camilleri will broker a deal to have Hamilton paired with LeClerc. That's the only way I can see to generate some hype for audiences and give something back to Italy.
    acket.