Page 44 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Junior Potato
    British government quarantine rules throw cat amongst F1’s 2020 plans’ pigeons:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...ntine/4793934/

If an F1 race has to be left off, I'm okay if it's Silverstone. That proposal where they ran Silverstone twice in a row was just terrible.

For sale: Formula One Team, one careful owner
    https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/s...70487035777031

"Williams is considering selling the entire company as one option in a strategic review after posting a loss of £13m last year. A momentous decision, as Sir Frank Williams had always previously been against selling up. No details of whether there is a buyer yet. Options being considered include, but are not limited to, raising new capital for the business, a divestment of a minority stake in Williams Grand Prix Holdings, or a divestment of a majority stake in WGPH including a potential sale of the whole company," a statement says"

Junior Potato
    Ouch

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Will we even have teams to put on a show?
    acket.

Even if I could afford to buy it, I'm not sure I would. Besides the point that the team is lagging behind the rest, but considering what the world is going thru right now...

So sad... the team that ended Senna's life might be nearing then end...

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Will we even have teams to put on a show?
    Yes. Low budget ones.

They will all be using 3-year-old chassis designs.

I would be ok with this.

I wouldn't be sure of that. Aren't McLaren, Williams and Renault praying to $Deity?

Can Sauber and Haas be safer than those?
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Sauber is heavily bankrolled by Alfa Romeo, so they’re safe as long as Fiat is interested. Haas probably hasn’t lost enough money yet.

Actually, let’s look at the whole grid.

Ferrari: owned by the Agnelli mafia, with unlimited cash reserves. F1 management would also ensure Ferrari stays alive just for the heritage factor.

Mercedes: unlimited money, but potentially limited interest. Can be sold for a big figure to someone else if the talent (drivers and engineers) stays put.

Red Bull: unlimited money, driven by marketing appeal, so they’re the safest bet apart from Ferrari.

Renault: I feel this team will return to private ownership within 3 years if Renault doesn’t get results. Benetton Racing 3.0 anyone? Or was it 4.0?

Racing Point: afloat as long as industrialist owner doesn’t piss away all his cash on silly vanity projects.

McLaren: currently on the hunt for capitol. Zak Brown doesn’t seem like the sort of guy who wants to lose face, so will do whatever he needs to remain in charge. Hopefully continuing last year’s strong results in the next few months give them a boost.

AlphaTauri: same as Red Bull. All the money and all the marketing push they want. Is also a feeder team to RBR. Safe as houses, although I’d love to see them cut loose and return to using the Minardi name.

Williams: in deep trouble. But, as always in F1, there is usually someone willing to jizz vanity money onto it. I predict an overweight coal mine owner will buy it then sell it to a manufacturer in five years when things are looking up again. Porsche or Audi is my guess; the time will be right for an e-tron technology showcase.

I do not share your optimism.
    acket.