Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Keep the smart ideas coming

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Keep the smart ideas coming
    Apparently this was in the works for quite some time, because physios needed to include exercises to build 'muscle memory' on the drivers which, as all of you fit guys know, is not something that is learned overnight.

What's even more clever from Mercedes is that they anticipated rule convergence and stuff like the Racing Point completely copying their designs, so from a performance-parity point of view, they are working on enhancements to their race strategies, this system is not expected to make them faster, but rather to give front tires 3 or 4 extra laps per stint.
    acket.

acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Has anyone ever bought the TV Pro package Ifrom F1.com? Curious if it’s worth it.
    I think there's a 25% discount code for joining before the end of February.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    this system is not expected to make them faster, but rather to give front tires 3 or 4 extra laps per stint.
    A side benefit will be less scrub on the front tires down the straights, potentially making a small difference in speed as well.

So they are implicitly saying that it IS legal for 2020 season.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/d...1-fia/4690176/

But not 2021 interestingly.

The regulations for 2020 cannot be changed: it would require the unanimity of all teams at this point.
    Also they are announcing it as soon as possible so that other teams do not spend money on developing a similar system in vain.

I wish F-1 could simply allow these innovations to be perhaps 'sold' to other teams so that the budget teams don't have to redevelop them from scratch and still be able to add such innovations to their cars later. Let the 'market' decide whether if an innovation is worth keeping or not. Encourage teams to be able to show off their innovations all the while having some sort of patent protection for them... so other teams can only legally copy them for a fee... This fee will likely be cheaper than developing their own.

This should also help equalizing the cars... make it cheaper for the budget teams and allow the top teams to brag about how innovative they are.

Current way of ban this and ban that is getting kinda annoying...

What I hate is the promoter (Bernie or Liberty, it doesn't matter) making decisions of sporting or regulation matters which should by definition be ruled upon by the members of the FIA.
    acket.