Page 71 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

I mean are there other teams that change lineups mid season like RBR/Alpha? Teams that are intertwined like that.

Junior Potato
    Ferrari and Sauber have had a long relationship stretching back to the 90s, but I can’t remember an inter-team swap in the middle of the season like RBR and TR last year.

RB was nice to swap drivers I guess, usually if things go badly enough, drivers could just get fired, right?

Junior Potato
    There's a list as long as my arm (depending on font size) of drivers being sacked mid-year for one reason or another.

Here's a good list of mid-season swaps.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...id-season.html

I totally don’t remember any of that..., only by after reading the stories which helped me vaguely remember them...

I also completely forgotten there used to be a BAR driver called Zonta, who Mika Salo subbed for a while. I do still remember that Mika, but I seriously have forgotten about Zonta...

My memory really sucks..., and of course it doesn’t help if you’re not that memorable!

Thanks for that special trip down the vague memory lane!

So like, hulk has more points than Haas Does collectively, in only one race.

He is also only 2 points less than GRO total from last year.

Gene needs to fucking do something, because the team is a disapointment considering how strong they were in the start of their life

Haas used to be the copycat Ferrari team and did quite well when Ferrari was doing relatively well. Now that Ferrari got their rug pulled out from under them, I think both Haas and Alfa are suffering.

Surely Haas is realizing his investment is not making sense. Therefore they have no official drivers lined up for next year.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I feel, you know like in my gut feel, that the proposed ban on engine Q modes is slap on the face of long term F1 fans.

I mean, with the restrictive formula now in place, it's the only time we fans get to see balls-o-steel moments from the creme of the crop. I truly enjoy watching George Russell drag his Williams to places where it truly doesn't belong. The one-two punch from Ham in Q3? the eyes-closed, "Valhalla I Am Coming", laps from Bottas?

You want to take that away from us, Jean Todt, you, of all the people? Fuckin traitor!
    Last edited by FaultyMario; August 13th, 2020 at 05:46 PM.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    It's a spit on John Barnard's face, a disrespect to Heini Mader and countless other engineers.
    acket.

Drivers could still go balls out with a Q mode mindset, if qualifying engines are banned to save cost, I thought the next logical step is to just not have a special mode just for that.

Although i do wonder is this really enforceable? Could Mercedes simply rename it to a ludicrous speed mode and be able to comply with this new regulation?