Page 100 of 132 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Unless they can make an agreement with Agag. Surely F1 also have some exclusivities of their own.
    acket.

Matthew somerfield thinks red bull has invested (and learned) too much from this to not try to get financial agreement for a white label engine from Honda.
    acket.

I think these developments (along with albon's poor form) open up the case for Perez in a contractually binding one-year Barrichello role.
    acket.

No way Max stays beyond 2021.

there's talk of going to a "spec" ice that can be 'tuned' by mfrs and a propiertary ERS system. whatever it may be, the engine formula is wrong and needs to change.
    acket.

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    No way Max stays beyond 2021.

Thus why giving Perez the second car in 2021 to try and tailgate VER is important to keep the dutchman happy.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; October 2nd, 2020 at 02:48 PM.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    there's talk of going to a "spec" ice that can be 'tuned' by mfrs and a propiertary ERS system. whatever it may be, the engine formula is wrong and needs to change.
    But it can't without complete agreement from all the teams who won't agree to it to protect their investment and to stop anyone else coming in and making them spend more. I seriously doubt any manufacturer will do it. They've seen Honda take 3 years effectively during which they were a laughing stock, being blamed on Global TV every two weeks by an Angry Spaniard for all their teams ills when it clearly wasn't all on Honda and they've spent millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars to get to this stage where they're finally winning races. Only to announce they're leaving. Again. Any other manufacturer will look at F1 and what Honda suffered, even as just an Engine supplier in absolute horror and stay the **** away from it.

I could see perhaps the current Engines being looked after by Mugen Honda like they used to do in the 90's. RB could bankroll that in agreement with Honda. The head of Mugen, one of Soichiro Honda's Sons is now the biggest shareholder in Honda itself as well as owning Mugen outright. He could swing it with enough moolah from Red Bull.

Oh and apparently Max has a Release Clause that will allow him to leave at the end of 2021 when Honda withdraw. Which, coincidentally is when Bottas's contract will be up again. Mercedes may even have a choice of Max or George Russell if the clause is real as I highly doubt Lewis will only sign a one year deal.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Wait, so F1 can't go full electric until 2039? Or am I reading that wrong?
    Any exclusivity agreement can be overturned with enough willpower and money.

Formula E is smart in that it’s a long-term gain and being the exclusive electric world championship will pay off big time when everyone starts wanting to change over.

I predict a merger between F1and FE once their cars start becoming fast enough over a long enough distance to make the F1 drivers look over their shoulders. F1 will either buy it out or the FE owners will get a stake in F1.

Billi: THRICE, they pulled the same stunt in the 60s in F1. It is sistematic for them, and that's why I don't trust Honda one bit.
    Honda has *not* pulled out of JGTC, motorbike racing (MotoGP, WSBK in which they have their brand new big four stroke sport bike) and others.
    Just F1.
    I can understand because F1 expenses are far superior than the ones in other series mentioned, but still it stinks.

Samoht: interesting idea, I approve.

Totally unregulated and free series would bring it to its death like it already happened for Group C prototypes, Can-Am and others in the same ilk.

Getting back to the Honda announcement: Red Bull did know since August.
    Marchionne refused to provide an engine forniture to RB before the beverage team got a contract with Honda; it seems Ferrari is still of the same idea and does not want to provide engines to RB.
    So it is either Alpine or a new coming VW/Porsche in the circus.
    Internal engine creation has been deemed enormously expensive and not feasible within RB's budget.