Page 102 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

I think that’s a great idea, but you’ll have to kiss cost cutting good bye.

A team may go down the wrong path with their initial investment and then have to reinvest again just to play catch-up... even Ferrari won’t be able to afford to do this too many times!

Other than cost, I really do like the idea. Formula 1 should just stick to 1 formula rather than changing its formula every so often...

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Billi: THRICE, they pulled the same stunt in the 60s in F1. It is sistematic for them, and that's why I don't trust Honda one bit.
    Honda has *not* pulled out of JGTC, motorbike racing (MotoGP, WSBK in which they have their brand new big four stroke sport bike) and others.
    Just F1.
    I can understand because F1 expenses are far superior than the ones in other series mentioned, but still it stinks.

Samoht: interesting idea, I approve.

Totally unregulated and free series would bring it to its death like it already happened for Group C prototypes, Can-Am and others in the same ilk.

Getting back to the Honda announcement: Red Bull did know since August.
    Marchionne refused to provide an engine forniture to RB before the beverage team got a contract with Honda; it seems Ferrari is still of the same idea and does not want to provide engines to RB.
    So it is either Alpine or a new coming VW/Porsche in the circus.
    Internal engine creation has been deemed enormously expensive and not feasible within RB's budget.
    I don’t remember the 60s... I initially fell in love with F1 because of senna and Honda. I can certainly understand quitting after you’ve won championships, but these latest aborts are just lame. Honda is obviously becoming another Toyota.

I’m glad to at least see Mclaren making the come back. Honda has for sure burned its bridge this time...

RB probably has no more bridges too...

Gonna be interesting 2022...

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Could RedBull buy the rights to Mecachrome the Honda?
    https://the-race.com/formula-1/honda...ect-post-2021/

Apparently Honda are open to RB picking up the engine designs and carrying on themselves
    One alternative ... is for Red Bull to assume Honda’s intellectual property and create a continuation programme for its engines, potentially with additional technical support from another partner.
    That's one hurdle down, however I suspect the larger barrier is Red Bull raising sufficient money to keep developing the engines so that they are competitive, and secondarily the effort to recruit engineers and establish a new factory, to replace Honda's facility in Japan.

To start from scratch even with Honda's blue prints and blessings probably will still take too much effort.

I thought I heard Mugen Honda might to able to pick up where Honda left off? It'd be nice if Mugen Honda could carry the torch on..., but will Mugen Honda really have sufficient resources to develop a competitive F1 engine capable of beating Mercedes? History said no, but maybe they could write new history?

Or might as well just suck it up and crawl back to Renault? Or beg Mercedes?

Anyway, is RB just unlucky or not very good at picking business partners? Renault's dumped, Aston Martin's gone, Honda's gone... Max will probably soon to be gone too... Yeah, drivers too. Either fired or just left... Mark Webber was the only driver retired without any sort of hard feelings at least?

The only constant that's been good is probably Adrian Newey... and he's probably getting ready to retire?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 5th, 2020 at 03:09 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Depending on how '21 goes, I don't think it'd be that bad to do it just for '22.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    https://powrotroberta.pl/2020/10/moz...pane-noce.html

insightful interview with kubica. google translated it from polish and it was very understandable. highly recommended.
    acket.

'It's great to have F1 fans back in the grandstands.'

The F1 fans in the grandstands

Stroll is sick, not running in the FP3.
    Hulkenberg has just arrived on the circuit, being on standby alert by Racing Point.
    Oh, dear, make it so Nico can race sunday!!!

Yeah, let's be done with this Hulkenberg stuff. He's not a winner, never has been, never will be. He is out of F1 for a reason.

As long as Grosjean, Magnussen, Giovinazzi, Stroll and Perez keep staying in F1... Hulkenberg can stay as well.