Page 104 of 132 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Ba dum tss!
    acket.

After watching Bottas race a few years now, I know his main problem. He has no balls on the track. Whenever he is fighting from behind he just has no “fuck you I am taking this position” spirit in him. He just seems to race too nicely.

I also don’t see Albon staying at RBR much longer. I really liked him early on but he’s just making some bonehead mistakes along with being far slower than his teammate.

Did I mention I love the Nurb? So many places to pass... just a great F1 track.

Speaking of the RBR stable. They've gotten Vettel, Ricciardo and Verstappen thru. In the process they've burned Alguersuari, JEV and probably Albon; alienated Sainz, Ricciardo, Hartley and Gasly*. That reeks of needing an assessment, It would be interesting to know what RB's expectations are for each (four-year?) cycle, because it doesn't appear to be as a good as they claim. So far, the only people who seem comfortable around both Horner and Marko are Coulthard and Webber who arrived at RB later in their careers; I'm thinking that the system® needs a dying old lion to be pushed aside by the up-and-coming star.
    acket.

Vettel wasn’t really a dying old lion. Likewise Ricciardo also wasn’t...

RB probably does have preferential treatments for their faster drivers but Insists to pretend they treat their drivers equally.

Weber just took a long time to realize that this young driver is too fast to beat... and the team wasn’t helping...

Vettel and Ricciardo probably realized this rather quickly so as soon as they get other offers, they’re outta there.

I get the feeling that the problem isn’t with Gasly or Albon, but it’s that damn seat that either propel your career forward... or end it.

Alpha tauri has been great at saving careers lately, but with 3 drivers and 2 seats, can’t save them all!

Three drivers? You mean Pierre, Alex and Yuki?
    acket.

I meant DK, Donkey Kong!

Cool gesture for Schumacher family to give lewis a helmet that Michael once wore.

"RB probably does have preferential treatments for their faster drivers but Insists to pretend they treat their drivers equally."

Probably? LOL

Webber in good terms with Marko and Horner? Where did that get from? They costantly sabotaged him and favored Vettel openly.
    It is enough he didn't go burn their houses down when his spell at RBR ended.

RB does treat their senior drivers with way more 'respect' than the junior drivers, right? At least they've never fired or demote them.

I really don't see the reason why a team would keep a senior driver on the payroll when the junior guy has won 4 driver's championships.

Compare how they treated Webber to the other junior guys, there's a clear difference, right?

Same later on with Vettel and Ricciardo. It did seem like RB was doing as much as they could to try to retain these guys..., but perhaps it's all for show?

Anyway, at least no shows were attempted when they axed or demote all those junior guys...

And yeah, I guess I probably shouldn't have used the word 'probably'...

RB driver program obviously works... with Vettel, Ricciardo, and Max, but it may also have prematurely ended lots of future talents... who knows.

Moral of the story is that if you don't go to RB with the mentality of you're #1, you'll get washed out.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 14th, 2020 at 09:03 AM.

With the rule changes coming in 2022, are there any changes in the power unit area?