Page 115 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

Max fucked himself today. No question. The spoils today went to the veterans more able to control their emotions for the duration. Driving frustrated or angry in the wet is a bad combination. In the dry, no big deal...wet...erm not so much. The podium speaks volumes...all older, experienced drivers who managed to keep from spinning and made no stupid mistakes. Just smooth, patient, controlled drives without trying to over drive their cars in bad conditions.

Happy to see Vettel get a podium after LeClerc fucked himself. And no Binotto at the venue...sweet justice.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    So good results but not a spectacular drive compared to most of his gutsy drives.
    really?

the two dudes that stood on the podium with Lewis today were very gracious about his drive. One of them said he could not find pace to keep up with him and the other said he was lucky to have witnessed a historic drive.
    acket.

Well I have come to downplay a bit. Shocker. The only reason he finished that high is because his team only pit him once to everyone else’s 2-4 times. He only made one on-track pass...in the newly opened DRS zone, on Perez. He couldn’t even stay close to Vettel on track. But all the teams kept pitting their drivers for no good reason. And Ham kept moving up the order. Until he had a clear track ahead. Nothing really special there other than he stayed out of trouble. Which is a testament to his patience and extreme lead in the championship which meant he didn’t really have any pressure on him to set a fast lap or make any daring moves.

So good results but not a spectacular drive compared to most of his gutsy drives. Ready for next season. Don’t we get the new tire sizes next year?
    Feels a little like you're not seeing the wood for the trees, to me.

"all the teams kept pitting their drivers" indeed. But one driver came on the radio with a clear instruction "Don't box me now". Almost like that driver knew what he was doing.

Also, Hamilton and Perez kept their inters going for ~50 laps. If other drivers had been able to keep their tyres alive, they likely would have done so. So there's something that those two drivers managed, that the others couldn't.

I agree that there weren't any spectacular fast laps or daring overtakes from Hamilton today, so to that extent I'm with you, there weren't any specific moments of 'wow' you could capture in a 15 second videoclip. Perhaps the difference is that I'm also impressed by drivers who can 'read' a race and look after their tyres, and two drivers did that to a very impressive extent today.

The spoils today went to the veterans more able to control their emotions for the duration. .... The podium speaks volumes...all older, experienced drivers who managed to keep from spinning and made no stupid mistakes. Just smooth, patient, controlled drives without trying to over drive their cars in bad conditions.
    Agree, reminds me of one of my favourite sayings - "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement". Relatedly, Hamilton said that one reason he chose not to come in for a late pit-stop was that he remembers crashing out of the championship in China in 2007, when he came into the pitlane on worn tyres and slid into the gravel on the pit entry, and out of the race. Perhaps in 13 years' time Max will remember today and it'll help him tread the fine line between hero and zero.

Typically no one can keep pace with Hamilton and the Merc so that statement is just like any other day.

Max also told his pit he didn’t want to pit early on but they pit him anyway. Then later on fucked himself anyway and flat spotted his tires. I guess you need to earn your street cred with your team to the point where you tell your team what to do over the radio A now 7 time champion has definitely earned that right. When Hamilton says he wants something he generally gets it. A driver in his 20s will not have that power.

Samoth...agree on your last post for sure. No substitute for experience.

Lewis drove with purpose and control.

A race isn't about who runs the fastest lap, or who made a big pass. It's all about winning.

Masterful drive by lewis

Max is a fucking twat, and his attempted pass and spin completely on his own merit is evidence why he won't be special. I'll be surprised if he ever pulls a WDC. McLaren is going to be fast with a new engine. RBR is about to be fighting for midpack recognition.

Junior Potato
    This was uploaded today to the F1 YouTube channel:

*Apparently it's a 1998 race but who cares, it's still fun to watch.