Page 118 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

For a paid driver with a rich daddy, you have to admit Stroll has some talent. If I have a rich dad who bought me a team, I’m not sure if I could be better than Stroll...

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Another son-of-a-champion, Nelson Piquet Junior, was dropped halfway through his second F1 season by Renault for being useless. He then revealed that he'd agreed with Briatore to deliberately drive into a wall at Singapore in 2008, in order to bring out a safety car and allow his teammate Alonso to arrange a beneficial pit stop strategy, resulting in him winning the race. So maybe you're thinking of him ? He is definitely considered disgraced.
    Thankyou. Yes. Sorry.

Nelson Piquet didn't show up in my attempted searches for F1 scandals, however.

So I will de-confuse the two now...

Watch Bottas post Q3 interview today. It's a riot listening to him say how everything was great but at the same time answer the question how he is slower than Lewis if everything is great. So without admitting he just isn't as fast he talks about how he he needs to go over the data blah blah...

Dude...you are slower than him in the same car...just say it!

I miss when Lewis had teammates that could challenge him on a Sunday. It made the racing much more riveting!

Indeed. The Rosberg days were a ton of fun to watch. Not so much for Mercedes

Yeah, there was genuine uncertainty about who would win each race and the championship because Nico pushed so hard, even if some of his tactics were a bit dodgy - he single-handedly ensured F1 was actually a competitive sport in the period 2014-16. To be fair, in the last couple of years Ferrari's illegal engine has led to some reasonable sport between them and the Mercs, it's really this year where it's been revealed that there remains no legitimate competition for Mercedes and Lewis.

I've been pondering when this period of dominance may end - likely Hamilton will retire in the next three years, so the question is whether Merc will just snap up another great driver and keep doing, and how their competitive position may be affected by the cost cap.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Holy shit. I love you halo, you're ugly but I no longer care!
    acket.

Romain ok, but with burns in the wrists and ankles.
    acket.

Debris from previous contact looks to have lodged under RG's front wing, made his car keep moving right.
    acket.

Yeah that was insane.