Page 12 of 132 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Uhm, lack of star power? Putting aside Hamilton, Verstappen, Leclerc, Vettel and possibly Ricciardo, McLaren has one of the strongest couple of drivers there, probably the best of the rest.
    Sainz has surprised me, Norris is a bonafide talent.
    But that will turn to nothing if the car doesn't deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Anyhow, this thread is about the Formula 1 2020 season, so let's get nostalgia the fuck out of the way:

Mclaren will officially present its new car, the MCL35, the 13th of February, so 30 days from now.
    The unofficial official announcement of the date:

(skip to 2:55 if it doesn't start there)

This would be pretty funny, except I'm sure it's a gag.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 13th, 2020 at 05:09 PM.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar

Real eerie to see how the disuse of the circuit has led to so much of the natural sand taking over things, but at least it seems that much of the circuit remains unchanged. I can't tell if Turn 4 is actually going to have more banking than it did before. The banking on the last corner is going to be crazy though.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    Oooh that's a good video, thanks.

I'm glad that it appears they're keeping the original layout, though the shitty chicane before the final corner could do with some work. And I'd be surprised if that's indicative of the banking on the last turn.

Either way it is going to be fucking mental.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I wondered if they're building a viewing area outside of the corner, which seems odd, but that's a lot of dirt/sand built up.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Renault and RBR unveil their cars the day before McLaren. First post updated.
    acket.

God! it just dawned on me how much I dislike Ocon. I hope he and Verstappen take each other out of every race. That's going to make my F1 watching more enjoyable.
    acket.

Racing point has confirmed its launch date (17-feb), and judging by how close it is to the start of preseason testing (19-feb), it might as well be a shakedown.

Angelo, what's the significance of Ferrari using the theater in Reggio Emilia for the launch instead of their own, usual, facilities in Maranello?

Do you believe the rumors that the car (codenamed project 671) is compromised by "a crucial design flaw"? I always take autobild with a grain of salt.
    acket.

Updated launch dates:

11 feb - Ferrari
    12 feb - Renault
    13 feb - McLaren
    14 feb - Mercedes and Alpha Tauri
    17 feb - Racing Point
    19 feb - Alfa Romeo and Haas

Mario, sorry, I didn't notice your question before.
    About the theater: no big discussion in here about it, Reggio Emilia is just another city (and province) close to Modena, the province city of Maranello; it is just 30 kilometers from Maranello and the theater, albeit not one of the most popular or important in Italy, is still relevant as it is where Pavarotti started his international career.

Reggio Emilia is also Mattia Binotto's hometown and there was created, 223 years ago, the italian flag, the "Tricolore", and that means a lot for Ferrari (insert more patriotic marketing blabble - they even underlined that Ferrari is the only italian team always present in F1 since its birth in 1950).
    Just marketing and business for Ferrari and the city of Reggio.

So far the fans and italian news outlets are quiet about Ferrari new car: expect the hype, and the discussion, to ramp up as soon as it will be shown to the public.