Page 121 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

Junior Potato
    He also burned his hands not from the blaze itself, but from putting them on the ARMCO when he hoisted himself over the rail. That's why he communicated using the universal sign language for "hot-hot-hot!" as he ran away from the wreckage.

The ARMCO probably hit 600-1000 degrees Celsius while it was in that fire.

So it'll be nurses wiping his arse for a few weeks.

I doubt this image will work, but let's see:

It appears that the side of the halo on driver's right folded upwards in the crash, giving Romain more space to get out the side. Normally it doesn't look like it would be possible to get a helmet through the side of the halo. If this turns out to be true, Romain is incredibly, incredibly lucky. And also a superhero. I read that his racing boot was stuck in a broken pedal and he had to take it off to get himself free of the car. All while burning after a 53G impact. With no room to get your hands down there to aid in that removal. Utterly amazing if this is the case.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I know the central beam is titanium, but is the entire halo titanium? If it managed to fold the halo, that shows the force of the impact. In fact, it may well have been the halo itself that actually stopped the car, if the nose just split the guard rails.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I'm guessing there will be a lot of investigation of this crash in particular. The more I find out about it, the more lucky it all seems for Grosjean (and yes, I mean that after all of the proper safety advancements, the great work of the safety teams, etc.)...still lucky.

Junior Potato
    Ted Kravitz (no relation to Lenny) on Sky Sports did a walk around during the red flag just after the track maintenance guys replaced the barrier with concrete blocks. He says that the F1 does a full aircraft crash style investigation with each major crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdyK...el=SkySportsF1

And here's a pic that Keeeef posted on Facebook. The damage on the bottom might just be the carbon fibre winglet that they're allowed to attach for aerodynamics. Guys, I think Grosjean actually got out the top of the halo like normal. What the pics so far don't really show is how much room there is between the ARMCO and the top of the halo. Looking closely the folded metal is up as high as the roll hoop, so that could've been enough room to get out like normal.

I think the top of the halo is visible from this pic... to come out on top, he should’ve came out below the guardrail?

Quote Originally Posted by XHawkeye View Post
    Someone put a timer on the crash... 28 seconds! <--- Open for video

He climbed out side, behind the armco.

Hamilton tests positive for Covid 19 and will miss the Sakhir GP this weekend. Mercedes to announce his stand-in "in due course."

Here you can see what might be a break in the halo, where the nearest marshall's hand is. I wonder if he or someone pushed it back down after the fire was extinguished because it looks straighter in this photo.

FB_IMG_1606801038325.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Hamilton tests positive for Covid 19 and will miss the Sakhir GP this weekend. Mercedes to announce his stand-in "in due course."
    I hope Hamilton recovers quickly and doesn't suffer any complications.

In some ways, catching it now and then recovering is ideal since this year's championships are done, and it presumably very much reduces his chances of catching it again, so neutralises the biggest threat to him winning again in 2021.

I vote for Hulk in the Merc this weekend. It's not going to be easy jumping into an unfamiliar car for anyone - why is my steering wheel moving in and out? - so would be a bit of a career risk for George Russell I think. Conversely the Hulk has nothing to lose and has a great record already, would maximise chances of a good result and would be a fitting last opportunity for him to grab a podium.

Oooh lots of interesting ramifications here. This gives random backup driver a real chance to pop in and actually win a race. If this happens (or even a podium) then the dominance of Mercedes will be truly proven.

Bottas will be under immense pressure to win this one and beat random backup driver...or be truly humiliated.

Substitute lists:
    . Russell (my choice)
    . Hulkenberg (would be nice, especially if he would win in it)
    . Vandoorne, which is actually Mercedes official reserve driver, but should be already busy in Formula E tests (which I would not mind, tho)

Meanwhile Haas F1 has officialized Nikita Mazepin as one of its 2021 drivers; soon Mick Schumacher will be officially announced as well.
    Last edited by Blerpa; December 1st, 2020 at 04:04 AM.