Page 127 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1315

Thread: F1 2020

Junior Potato
    Oh man I'm gutted for Russell, what an unfortunate sequence of events in the last 20 laps.

But congrats to Perez! An amazing drive to haul that car up the field from lap 1.

George really showed something special putting on that performance with so little time to adapt to a very different car (the way it drives, the steering wheel controls, fitting in it, DAS, the much different way it loads and heats its tires, etc). He wasn't just having respectable pace, he showed Bottas, who has years of experience with the team and 17 (?) races in that exact car, who's boss. George had speed but also racecraft, making key overtakes when he needed to. I kinda thought he was a decent talent having seen a few of his qualy laps in the Williams and watching the way he drives, but he really sent a message today. And he didn't choke under pressure, not only being with "THE" team and all the expectation that goes along with that, but having to deal with car problems, pit mistakes, getting put back in traffic twice, and the emotional roller coaster of his race. Well done George! He and Perez are making great cases for themselves being in competitive drives in the future.

Perez says he'll be in for 2022 if nothing else. Who has a contract that expires in 2021 besides Bottas? You'd think Merc would bring George up instead of Perez. Unless Hamilton is retiring soon...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I liked the racing. all the Perez overtakes were cool specially the one on Albon after he reeled him in after three or four laps and his first one, i think it was raikkonen, after they both had pitted following their lap one pirouettes, it set the tone for the rest of the race.

RP said that they thought, based on their simulation, that they hoped they could keep Russell behind; I'm not sure about that, but, Perez wasnt going to give up his place without a fight, he kept trying to not give George more that .3 or lap.

speaking of George, i think his performance today shines a brighter light on kubica's year. he went on up against one of the best drivers on the grid and gave it all, and then some, to be competitive.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; December 7th, 2020 at 03:54 AM.
    acket.

one more thing, i think one of the contributing factor to the entertainment was that all of the drivers locked up in the fight for third in the WCC brought their A game to Sakhir. With the notable exception of Norris who drove shit.
    acket.

speaking of George, i think his performance today shines a brighter light on kubica's year. he went on up against one of the best drivers on the grid and gave it all, and then some, to be competitive.
    That’s true, huh? I’ve completely forgotten about Kubica was a teammate until you mentioned it...

A thought that occurred with Racing Point winning today and AlphaTauri winning earlier this year: the teams that began as Jordan and Minardi have won 2 GPs this year.

Also: 2 non-Mercedes, Ferrari, RedBull wins in last 9 GPs. [The previous] 147 GPs [from] 2013 [until Monza] 2020 [there was only 1 non-Mercedes, Ferrari, RedBull win], Kimi, Lotus, AUS '13.

https://twitter.com/tonydizinno/stat...35040018436096

Merc team radio.
    acket.

Wow.

Russell drove way better than I could have imagined.

I was wondering when RP would nab a win. Pretty cool.

Fittipaldi finished within 4 seconds of Magnussen. Also impressive drive.

Junior Potato
    Update on the Merc tyre fuckup:

No points taken off Russell, Mercedes cops a €20,000 fine.

Reading this article, it's clear how much of a giant screw up this was!

https://www.racefans.net/2020/12/06/...fine-mercedes/

So Bottas and Russell removed Mercedes and Williams respectively from their Instagram Bios, and threw the world into a tizzy.

Mercedes updated their Bio as well.