Page 38 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    How old is the mom, 17?
    acket.

I'm heading the Alabama online party (?) Was great PR for Indycar. F1 is going to get it's smug ass handed to them if they don't come up with something soon.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I'm heading the Alabama online party (?) Was great PR for Indycar. F1 is going to get it's smug ass handed to them if they don't come up with something soon.
    Uh? Tonight (9pm CET) there's the F1 race on Formula 1 official channel, and at 10:30pm CET there will be the esport Pro Exhibition race (which is marketed like afterparty).
    What were you saying?

There's like 5 current GP drivers lined up for the F1 game.

Check out the radio highlights from the iRace. It was like nineties CART was back on. Lots personalities and rivalries. Plus the Wickens feel good storyline.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I skimmed through some of the IndyCar race via Scott Mclaughlin’s Twitch stream. It looked very dry and very serious.

At the same time ol’ Jimmer the shed dweller streamed a practice session for the F1 race. There were a handful of F1 drivers, plus Arthur LeClerc, a cricketer, Jimmy, and Johnny Herbert. It was hilarious, full of banter, and they having a wild time.

Guess which one people are going to watch.

Furthermore, the final lap of the virtual Bahrain GP from two weeks ago is stuff of sim racing legend. Jimmy vs Lando Norris. It was a 14 lap race so go watch it, or check out the highlights that were put up on the F1 YouTube channel.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; April 5th, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

Jimmer had a heck of a race on Sunday.

Canadian GP officially postponed as well.

Junior Potato
    Early info but solid info:

F1 season looking to start in July at the Red Bull Ring in Austria, with the first few rounds held behind closed doors without spectators. They are hoping to do a “15-18” race season ending in Abu Dhabi in December. According to the video below, they are working on procedures for entering each country and holding their races, while still keeping everyone safe.

Judging by the timeline (we are still three months away from an F1 season ) it looks like they may be waiting to see how some places perform while restrictions are slowly lifted, and if there’s any hint of a second wave they’ll be ready to abandon the season.

F1 is the pinnacle of Motorsport, and hopefully the global pinnacle of making sure this goes smoothly. All eyes on them I guess - they’re in a unique position.

Good.

I mentioned on twitter that if Ferrari stays (I think the boy who cried before is actually seeing the wolf this time), they would have to engineer a Hamilton move to Maranello. I don't see any other way to generate major interest in the championship. They need to gather public buzz and they need a new business model ASAP, particularly with all petroleum conglomerates operating in red for the foreseeable future.
    acket.

Hamilton has nothing to gain to go to Ferrari.
    Also, this story about having to win on a Ferrari is some serious kind of modern F1 bullshit (relatively modern).
    Senna, Clark, Stewart, Brabham, Piquet, Graham Hill, Hakkinen (and many more F1 champions) have never been in Ferrari... are they less important because of it? No. Not an inch.

I truly believe Ferrari importance in F1 is greatly overplayed by the red team fortunes in the Schumacher years and all the Cavallino Rampante narrative.
    Also the story goes about Ferrari not winning a F1 championship from 1979 (Scheckter) till 2000 (Schumacher), but not many remember that Ferrari went through a quite long suckage period from 1961 to 1974, bar the Surtees championship won in 1964.
    The only reason Ferrari is important is because they have always been there since the beginning till today.