Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Junior Potato
    Sauber/Alfa Romeo have been the Ferrari feeder team for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    But aren't they getting Pup-grooming money from Mercedes for Russell?

What do they need besides buidling their chassis and ancillaries to keep receiving heritage money?
    Yes, and still 4.5mil are a lot to pay for a driver instead of getting one that you do not pay and carries money with him.
    They receive heritage money, as per the "manufacturer" prestige title as I wrote earlier, because they build their own whole gearbox.

Haas shot himself in the foot last season when refused to oblige to Ferrari relationship to give a seat to LeClerc; seemingly because Gene Haas wanted the team to remain independent (can you see a pattern?).
    Cue to Ferrari saying "fuck these yankee guys", making Sauber their junior team, renaming it Alfa Romeo, putting there money, putting there a world champion like Kimi and having power of choice on at least one of the two drivers of the team, that's why Giovinazzi is still there and could very well be next season.

Saub- pardon me, Alfa Romeo is Ferrari Jr. team as much as Toro Rosso is Red Bull Jr. one.
    Yes, Sauber was linked to Ferrari for many years, but now as Alfa Romeo we are at the point that in here talks are about engine parts given by Ferrari to Alfa to try them out... their relationship has gotten up a level, at least.

Haas did lose a great opportunity and this is going to bite them in the arse consequently.
    Also I don't blame as much as you guys Steiner since rumours in Italy have it, like I wrote earlier, that many eccentric calls were made by Gene Haas and his entourage and Steiner had to live with these choices and make them work.
    Last edited by Blerpa; September 19th, 2019 at 02:19 PM.

Oh yeah... forgot about that episode. Haas turned down the job offer from Ferrari. That’s how Sauber became the jr team.

That was pretty stupid.

To be able to have LeClerc’s service? Or kimi’s...

Wonder if they’re planning future entries using Ford. It’d be cool to have a Ford vs Ferrari movie sequel! But Haas is probably no Shelby.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 19th, 2019 at 06:10 PM.

Some talk on Twitter that Ferrari didn't want Haas signing up Hulk and actively tried to dissuade them. The Rumour is that Ferrari have a performance clause which allows them to ditch Vettel come season end, although what this clause is I do not know. Then Ricciardo is Ferrari's first choice, if he has the rumoured (but denied) 'big team' release clause in his Renault Contract. Big team being only Ferrari and Mercedes I'd guess. If they can't get Danny Ricc then Hulk is their next choice.

If Hulk drives for Ferrari, any time he has a podium or win due his car will spontaneously break down on the last lap to keep his 'no podiums' record complete.

Junior Potato
    So rumours of Ricciardo going to Ferrari are once again rearing their heads?

OK now I'm listening.

I'm already making plans to go to the AUS GP next year. If this comes off it will be nuts. Melbourne is the Australian home of the wog and the home of the pizza parlour. Bring it on!

Would love to see Ric in a Ferrari but I would hate for that Ferrari environment to suck the smile off his face.

I would think it'd be smarter to, rather than deny Hulk to Haas, just have a clause that says they can have him, unless Ferrari needs him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I would think it'd be smarter to, rather than deny Hulk to Haas, just have a clause that says they can have him, unless Ferrari needs him.
    It seems Hulk priced himself out of the seat as well. It's reckoned he wanted $4m a season where as Romain is on about a quarter of that.

Hulk 4.5m, Grosjean 1.8m.
    Now Haas wants to offer a simulator job to Kubica.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Because of his Polish oil company sponsorship monies.

Haas is one of three F1 teams without a lubricants partner deal.
    acket.