Page 43 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

The "no blame" culture is a recipe for success.

We do that here at work, and it is phenomenal. It really builds people into a "people v. Problem" instead of "why did you do this?" Scenario.

It's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    The "no blame" culture is a recipe for success.

We do that here at work, and it is phenomenal. It really builds people into a "people v. Problem" instead of "why did you do this?" Scenario.

It's huge.
    I agree, it allows an organisation to look at its failures honestly, learn from them and do better next time.

(It was also funny hearing Jolyon Palmer discussing Abiteboul's comment about loyalty on the BBC )

I do wonder if Ferrari are finally going to make a fresh start under Binotto, who said "We want to begin a new cycle" and described Sainz as "a real team player". Maybe with the new boss, clearing out the sometimes-uncooperative Vettel, they could build a harmonious team around Charles Leclerc and work together effectively?

The current season will be interesting when it gets underway, I recommend that Ferrari don't even try and issue any team orders and just let their drivers race from start to finish. Any entries for a sweepstake on how often the two cars will take each other out in 2020 ?

It seems significant that McLaren have basically said, out of Vettel and Ricciardo, they'd rather have Daniel. I suppose the 2014 season supports this, but it's a huge blow to Vettel's reputation that despite all his success, he's not wanted by any top or even aspiring teams.

BBC think Renault are interested in an Alonso comeback, which is understandable as they've little to lose from him and he's probably the most talented driver available.

Also, I'm sure they see longevity in Ric. Someone who can help the team for half a decade maybe, not a year or two before going home.

Apparently some French publication has said there is an actual "pre-agreement" signed of Alonso at Renault...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Oh God, just when I thought that self-obsessed cheater was gone.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    It seems significant that McLaren have basically said, out of Vettel and Ricciardo, they'd rather have Daniel. I suppose the 2014 season supports this, but it's a huge blow to Vettel's reputation that despite all his success, he's not wanted by any top or even aspiring teams.

BBC think Renault are interested in an Alonso comeback, which is understandable as they've little to lose from him and he's probably the most talented driver available.
    I think any reasonable person who's not totally in love with Vettel should end up drawing the same conclusion. Daniel kicked Vettel's ass during their RB days.

What I found disappointing was Ferrari ended up not picking up Ricciardo..., but I guess Ferrari for sure ain't gonna promise him #1 status over their favorite Charlie boy. I can understand Danny boy wish to avoid the same nightmare he experienced with Max at RB!

Still, I wish Ricciardo would maintain his I don't care who's my teammate because I'm going to kick his ass attitude. Senna didn't care who his senior teammate is. Hamilton didn't care. Max didn't care. Leclerc didn't care... they'll just drive their balls off and make the teams worship them as #1 and make the senior teammate leave in disgust. I suspect once these drivers cement themselves as #1, their future teammates will never be able to really challenge them.

I think Vettel has somewhat compromised himself by running away from RB... and now failing to fully demonstrate himself as the rightful #1 in Ferrari as well. I do hope Ricciardo won't end up on a similar career path. McLaren does have Lando for him to deal with... Anyway, getting out of Renault now is probably the right career move atm.

As for Alonso and Renault, yeah, these 2 always seem to end up working well for some odd reason. Wonder if they could make the magic happen again? (Hopefully not by cheating?)
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 18th, 2020 at 08:36 AM.

Senna actually did. And lobbied Prost out of Mclaren.

Yes, Senna beat him both on and off the track. My point was that Senna didn’t pick up his ball and go play with another team because of teammate. He’d run his teammates over whether on or off track.

Vettel ran way from RB when a younger teammate seemed to be gaining favor.
    Ricciardo did too when Max turned up the heat.

I just thought great drivers would never have to do that.

Prost is a pretty awesome driver but because of that, I wouldn’t consider him as one of the greats. He measured himself against one of the greats and he fell short.

Anyway, just saying that I wish Ricciardo would lean more toward the senna side rather then Prost side later on in his career..., but then again, maybe we have plenty of sennas atm? Hamilton, Max, leclerc...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 18th, 2020 at 10:16 AM.

And Senna also vetoed Warwick from joining Lotus as he was worried he'd beat him. Which led to Derek facing a downward spiral of mediocre and shit cars for the rest of his career.

That I did not know because I only started following F1 when senna was already with Mclaren. Was senna not as confident back in the lotus days? Or perhaps Warwick really could’ve put senna way?

I guess we’ll never know...

He was up and coming. Joined Renault at the end of their success, so missed out there.
    Ended up joining Lotus later on, by then they were pretty rubbish.