Page 46 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

I wonder what percentage of budgets can be covered by energy drinks now to fill in where tobacco companies used to. Tobacco companies shouldered such a heavy load, I don't know if enough energy drink companies of the proper size and funding exist to do that now.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Tobacco companies are way bigger than energy drink brands.

Of the current crop, I can think of only Red Bull, Monster, and Rockstar that could afford to sponsor a wide range of motorsports events and be sustainable to the company.

Certainly only Red Bull could be naming rights sponsor, and they've gone a few magnitudes higher and own two eams.

Monster goes as far as putting logos on Lewis Hamilton's helmet, and maybe some other minor things I'm not currently aware of. They do sponsor the Yamaha MotoGP team, but that's a much cheaper operation.

There was one other outfit who infamously imploded last year, because it turned out they crafted some very... rich stories.

So yeah, I don't think chasing sponsorship dollars from energy drink brands is worthwhile.

Junior Potato
    Anyway, I came here to post this. The first 8 rounds of season 2020 (the apocalypse season) have been confirmed.

Two back-to-back races in Austria and the UK, plus two one-week breaks in July and August. F1, F2, and F3 confirmed to be taking part. All races at this stage will be held behind closed doors.

They are hoping to get to rounds outside of Europe but that depends on government restrictions at various ports of call. There are other European tracks on standby if something happens to the current schedule.

Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis von Osterreich The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 3-5
    Formula 1 Pirelli Grosser Preis der Steiermark The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 10-12
    Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydij The Hungaroring, Hungary July 17-19
    Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix Silverstone, UK July 31 - August 2
    Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix Silverstone, UK August 7-9
    Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio de Espana Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain August 14-16
    Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium August 28-30
    Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'Italia Monza, Italy September 4-6

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Anyway, I came here to post this. The first 8 rounds of season 2020 (the apocalypse season) have been confirmed.

Two back-to-back races in Austria and the UK, plus two one-week breaks in July and August. F1, F2, and F3 confirmed to be taking part. All races at this stage will be held behind closed doors.

They are hoping to get to rounds outside of Europe but that depends on government restrictions at various ports of call. There are other European tracks on standby if something happens to the current schedule.

Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis von Osterreich The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 3-5
    Formula 1 Pirelli Grosser Preis der Steiermark The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 10-12
    Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydij The Hungaroring, Hungary July 17-19
    Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix Silverstone, UK July 31 - August 2
    Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix Silverstone, UK August 7-9
    Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio de Espana Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain August 14-16
    Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium August 28-30
    Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'Italia Monza, Italy September 4-6
    Some talk that Hockenheim and Mugello might be drafted in too. Which would be awesome. Also some talk of a double header at Sochi. Which would not be awesome. At all.

Junior Potato
    Mugello would be awesome. That’s a great track.

I kinda like the Sochi circuit. I’ve never seen a race there, I just like it based on the F1 games!

Junior Potato
    Info about Merceds’s recent test where they rehearsed COVID restrictions while prepping cars for a race.

The FIA produced a 18,000 word document of guidelines!

Last edited by Rare White Ape; June 13th, 2020 at 03:01 AM.

Junior Potato
    F1 promoters have confirmed there will be no Azerbaijan, Singapore, or Japanese GP this year.

Mercedes engine chief is leaving the team... what gives? Just bored or perhaps some other juicy news?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Family?

As in, a bigger a paycheck from elsewhere, more financial security for his family.
    acket.

I don't have any clue of course. You guys tend to have way more insider info than me...

At least the news article I read didn't mention that he resigned due to whatever reasons... he just decided to leave.

There are some rumors saying he's aston martin/racing point bound, but I don't see that as a move up.