Page 47 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Don't start gossiping, he will stay put at least till the beginning of 2021 and will help transition not one substitute but four!
    Read more here:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...eaves/4807382/

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    FWIU F1 is all good for younger people (ooh, traveling!), but as people settle down and start raising a family all the high-pressure environment and the days away from home take a tall on most of them. Putting myself on their shoes, and specially if there from an area where covid19 decimated the older members of their families, I'd take most middle-aged people would want out.

2020 was originally going to have team personnel 21 weekends away from home!
    acket.

True. After winning so many seasons, there’s really nothing left to prove. For sure this virus isn’t helping too.

Junior Potato
    According to the fine folks at Race Department, Mugello and Portimao have been in discussion with the F1 organisers about potentially hosting races this year.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...hedule.185878/

We've heard about the interest from Mugello Circuit before. If Portimao enters the fray as well then... yeah baby!

Your Honor, at this time the people would offer exhibit #64789 into evidence, to show that Formula One vehicles are disproportionately large. Its authenticity has previously been verified by the residents of Via Abetone Inferiore number 4, in the city of Maranello, Italy.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I just saw the video of that.

Quite a spectacular way to announce your return to business.

Ferrari have announced that they're giving up on their current approach and starting over aerodynamically, hoping to bring a completely new direction to the third race, in Hungary.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53239512

This seems really bad for them.
    1) First two races with a car that is the wrong direction and has had no further developments since pre-season testing. That's 2 out of maybe 16 races, potentially fewer, so >10% of the season with a really slow car
    2) Thereafter, they have a car that will likely be compromised by the basic packaging not being designed for the new aero concept, and starting six months behind the rest of the grid in understanding and evolving their approach.

I mean, the yawning chasm between the top three teams and the B-spec pack pretty much guarantees them a concrete floor of 5th and 6th places, but I would now be surprised to see Ferrari challenge for either title this year. With the basic cars being the same, they may even have compromised themselves for 2021, too.

Still, I guess at least it saves Ferrari the embarassment of doing a Williams by having Vettel win the WDC and then be sacked.

So, either Max, Redbull and Honda step up to reach another level this year, or Bottas does, or it'll be a fairly processional championship.
    Last edited by samoht; June 30th, 2020 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Still, I guess at least it saves Ferrari the embarassment of doing a Williams by having Vettel win the WDC and then be sacked.

Yeah, maybe that's their only concern at this point?

Ferrari finished 4th and 5th last year behind the mercedes and Max... was not a great result and it felt like the drivers made quite a few mistakes.

So I guess at least they have realized that even if their drivers drive flawlessly, current design is flawed enough that they'll never catch up to Mercedes... so they might as well write off the 2020 season?

I guess the silverlining is that at least they found their problem?

Kinda feel sorry for Vettel... but oh well, he has won plenty of championships.

By the looks of it Merc are untouchable, Ferrari are plain slow, RB are having 99 problems with their tires, RP looks set to capitalize the opportunity, Macca and Renault are hindered by their power unit, and then the rest of them are bunched in the midfield. Haas are having trouble with their tire management as well and most teams look to be short on spares.

I think RBR are going to fuck this one up. They're all looking too trigger-happy.
    acket.