Page 55 of 132 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

In the interest of cost savings, F-1 really should have more standardized parts.

Any custom parts must be built in your own shop. If it works exceptionally well, then comes next year, it can become part of the standardized parts, or if it's too expensive to be made available for all teams, then this special part advantage ought to be banned.

Current rules really sound like a mess... they really need to try to minimize lawyer fees so that the team can afford to build better cars!

Also, I think it's safe to say that it's the lawyers that slowed the Ferraris down this year, right? You waste all that money and made the show less exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    In the interest of cost savings, F-1 really should have more standardized parts.

Any custom parts must be built in your own shop. If it works exceptionally well, then comes next year, it can become part of the standardized parts, or if it's too expensive to be made available for all teams, then this special part advantage ought to be banned.

Current rules really sound like a mess... they really need to try to minimize lawyer fees so that the team can afford to build better cars!

Also, I think it's safe to say that it's the lawyers that slowed the Ferraris down this year, right? You waste all that money and made the show less exciting...
    This is part of the coming regulations in 2022. So called 'Open Source' mandatory parts. Supplied by the FIA but if a team wants to make improvements on the part they can, but the plans or even the part itself must be available to any other team that requests it.

Really? That’s cool. That’d be a step in the right direction I think.

Can’t believe at the moment people are complaining about brakes... and may need to develop their own soon to be banned steering system to catch up to Mercedes...

Resources need to be diverted to areas that will actually improve the sport longterm.

Junior Potato
    Standardised parts can go get fucked. I’m even against controlled tyre allocations.

Racing Darwinism is what I prefer.

And bear in mind the ONLY reason we have cost control measures is because the promoters are afraid of not being able to attract teams to compete in their series. I’d say that Darwinism sorts that out too.

Junior Potato
    But that’s not to say that all series should be completely free. For example GT3 and V8 Supercars have been amazingly successful with very strict controls. But F1 and MotoGP should both be the most pure in terms of engineering rules as opposed to competition spectacle.

I think the best balance by far has been the ACO with their sportscar regulations. They’re the only one still willing to let teams try new things.

Isn't the ACO struggling to keep manufacturers involved and get new ones, with potential participants saying they want them to just switch to GT3 cars?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Latest gossip says Perez was approached by Red Bull Racing.

Gossip also says that it was Vettel's camp who leaked the Racing Point story to Automotor und Sport to put pressure on Stroll Sr.

The interesting part is that Red Bull Racing has not announced a new title sponsor to replace Aston Martin. I don't know how much the RB's rear wing rates for or how much Carlos Slim is paying for his stickers on the small panes in the Racing Point car and overalls, but I'm inclined to believe that in his portfolio of companies there must be one that would need the added exposure of being branded next to the hip Red Bull can.

This would be so easy if they were willing to have Lance sit on the sidelines for one year or be loaned out to Williams or Haas.
    acket.

If I were Lance, I would disown my father if he asks me to do that!

He’s lucky he has a seat, period. He should be thanking his father everyday he wakes up a rich man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If I were Lance, I would disown my father if he asks me to do that!
    Actually he, Lance, has seldom implied he does not really care that much to stay in F1 and he would call quit soon if things would not turn for the better.
    He is not a F1 rabid fan, neither a Raikkonen type ("I don't care, just pay me enough to drive, I love to drive these cars!" ).