Page 58 of 132 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I think the tangles are essentially psychological head games against other drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Spectacular?, sure. Effective? not enough.
    ##
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Other than that all we know is he starts every weekend with a performance advantage that no one else has (other than his team mate).
    Welcome to F1.

Seriously, this Mercedes dominance is way better than the Schumacher tire era.
    acket.

I’m sure we can all agree with that.

The thing people who moan about this Merc dominance forget, they worked their way there and earned it.
    They weren't that flash when Schumacher came out of retirement to help them. Flashes of speed here and there, but not really a race winning or championship winning car.

No one said they didn’t work for it. Obviously the hardest working team on the grid beginning with this era of turbo hybrid PU. They found the recipe and have worked hard to evolve to stay on top.

Lewis just happened to be there when it happened and boy is he a happy camper now.

When people moan about their dominance they are really moaning that the other teams aren’t closer by now. And moaning that the main beneficiary is now being touted as the greatest ever to grace the track by many.
    Last edited by JoeW; July 21st, 2020 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I think it's clear Max > Ricciardo > Vettel.
    LOL, I've never laughed harder in my life.
    Verstappen so far has not showed 10% of what made Vettel a 4 time world champion.
    A 4 time world champion that is NOT on par with Fernando Alonso nor Lewis Hamilton.

More wins than Verstappen without a world championship? Stirling Moss (one of the greatest top 10 ever in F1), Coulthard, Reutemann (an hero), Barrichello, Massa, Peterson (if he would have lived he would have been a sure champion), Berger, Webber and Jackie Ickx.

Max is on the verge of being soon too old for winning crap nothing of relevant.

Also: have fun finding where Verstappen is (choosing by %):
    https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiq...re/nombre.aspx

Have you not been paying attention to the conversation? I swear some people are dense.

How many wins can a driver get in a slower, less reliable car against similarly talented drivers in faster, more reliable cars? Over the last several years RBR has had the 5th fastest/reliable car at best. Especially considering Mercedes extreme dominance in the Hybrid era.

How many wins should the golden boy Ricciardo have picked up at Renault by now? Surely his skills could have garnered at least a few podiums? What about the supposedly supremely talented Albon, Russell and Norris? If they never get a top ride and never win a race...history will have nothing to say about them.

History speaks in statistics. And of course statistics do not speak highly of those in poor machinery.

Modern racing does not support gritty drives from the back of the grid unless some weird rain event happens.

After the Hybrid era is over it will be obvious that Lewis is the greatest of all time right? The stats prove talent level and greatness. If they prove Max is a shitty below average, under performer, then they also prove that pretty much every other driver in the hybrid era was a shitty under performer as well. I mean the stats support it. The only way Lewis loses is if he has a crash or car problems. So he’s the most talented driver ever. All others are shit.

According to the stats, JV, Mark Webber, David Couthard, Reubans Barrichello, Felipe Massa... they all achieved better win stats than Max.

If you're a team manager and if all these drivers are at the same age and same physical shape and demanding the same salary that you can afford... would you definitely hire any of the above drivers over Max? If you do, then you must be their rich father or really good buddies of those drivers.

No way I would pass up Max for any of those drivers.

If factoring in their actual age, I'll for sure hire max over Hamilton.

Even looking at the stats, Max is the best amongst the current non-champs... he's even better than Bottas without driving a Mercedes!

Without a championship winnable car, it'll be difficult for him to improve his stats to even to catch up to Kimi.

Had the younger Vettel had Ricciardo or Max as teammates, I doubt he'd be a multi champ.

Besides looking at stats, don't forget to look at their teammates!

Max > Ricciardo > Vettel is something I gathered when they were teammates driving the same cars! You can't get a more accurate stat than that.

Ricciardo and Max just didn't have the right luck to come to RB at the right time...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 21st, 2020 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    How many wins can a driver get in a slower, less reliable car against similarly talented drivers in faster, more reliable cars? Over the last several years RBR has had the 5th fastest/reliable car at best. Especially considering Mercedes extreme dominance in the Hybrid era.
    That's my whole argument, sure Mercedes has been dominant, BUT, during his time at Red Bull, Max's car has been the fastest on 19% of all races. His rate of wins/PPs/FLs doesn't show that. That's why he can't be rated highly. He's still making stupid mistakes, like in Hungary where he was rescued by the team.
    acket.