Page 84 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Glad for RP and Vettel, but that really sucks for Perez though...

Maybe he'll be able to find a seat from Alfa or Haas?

Ask me about my bottom br
    I think he can comfortably find a seat in his new home.
    acket.

Why so mean to your fellow Mexican?

Mean? I'm happy he is making so much money for not working.

Mid-field drivers make, what? 500K per season on salary? Probably Kimi can negotiate a bit more. And Ricciardo, but that's because Renault was supposed to be a top flight team.

IIRC correctly they take a cut of what their sponsors pay the team, and Checo was reportedly providing 10M sterling in sponsors and one would guess his settlement has clauses that make it more profitable for him to sit out one year.
    acket.

Yeah, for sure Perez won't be hurting financially, I just feel bad for him because I thought he's made quite a bit of sacrifice to help ensure survival of RP..., but I suppose new management doesn't really mind sacrificing him some more.

Now the new team dynamics is going to be a bit awkward.

If the son beats Vettel regularly, that will mean daddy wasted a lot of money for nothing.

If Vettel beat the crap out of the son and ends his racing career, surely the father and son relationship will be strained...

It's kind of a no win situation for Stroll Sr...

Anyway, Lance's performance has been way above my expectations so far though.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 10th, 2020 at 02:42 PM.

Stroll won't beat Vettel. Checo is a shit qualifier, wasn't he even with Button on the second half of the year that they were together at McLaren?

Jenson had an obvious advantage, but once checo settled down in the team they were pretty much matched. And button was never specially brilliant on Saturdays.

That said, Vettel Is an all around better driver than stroll. And he plays intrateam politics harder than any of stroll's previous team mates.
    acket.

And I'm guessing Vettel only signed for a year, with options. He wants to prove he is still worthy of Valteri's seat.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Holy Jesus, these cars on this track, especially down through Casanova and back up through Arrabbiata 1+2, look amazing.

Just watched Verstappen put in a flyer in Practise 3 and it's better than I thought it would look.

mmm... some salary estimates for 2020:

Code:
    Lewis Hamilton	  $40m
    Sebastian Vettel	$30m
    Max Verstappen	$25m
    Daniel Ricciardo	$20m
    Charles Leclerc	$10m
    Valtteri Bottas	$8m
    Carlos Sainz	$8m
    Sergio Perez	$8m
    Romain Grosjean	$7m
    Esteban Ocon	$5m
    Kimi Räikkönen	$5m
    Kevin Magnussen	$5m
    Lance Stroll	$3m
    Alexander Albon	$2.5m
    Lando Norris	$2m
    Daniil Kvyat	$2m
    Pierre Gasly	$2m
    Antonio Giovanazzi	$1m
    Nicolas Latifi	$1m
    George Russell	$1m
    Vettel has apparently signed to drive for Aston Martin F1 for $1.5m, his salary cut made it an easy deal for Lawrence Stroll. He would however, earn a lot more from image rights, something that was a key element in Hamilton's exit from McLaren. Vettel gets a $5m a year "ambassadorial" role from the Aston Martin Carmaker, plus he negotiated to have other sources of income free for him to look at. In Hamilton's case, he is not free to negotiate external sponsors, as he needs to work in tandem with Mercedes marketing, but he doubles his salary nonetheless.

From those figures, and after this year's recession, I can see their respective teams wanting to downgrade Raikkonen, Grosjean and Magnussen's pay. Or let them go altogether.

With that in mind, Movistar Sports' Noemi de Miguel reported that Horner approached Perez to probe him on his plans, saying that RB will make a decision on Albon after the September races are done. One thing Horner is certain of, is that RB doesn't want to take Gasly back. Hulk has repeatedly been mentioned as a candidate to be a Barrichello to Verstappen's, so I wonder if Perez, with the money he brings from Slim, is in the race for that not-so undesirable role.
    acket.

Also there are rumours of a reserve driver offer at Ferrari for Perez.