Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2020

Ask me about my bottom br
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Nico Rosberg certainly has shown Michael he's too old to return in Mercedes.
    That was more down to the Pirellis, I think. Didn't he get a fastest time in qualifying once he was more comfortable with the equipment? (yes i know he had a component penalty and couldn't start from pole). I don't think Schumacher's success falls on one particular factor. Not the one-rooster approach that Ferrari has always followed or the Brawn factor.

But anyway, wasn't Rosberg also the son of a WDC? It could also be said that he was a more complete competitor than his dad, so why write him off so easily? In fact, i think most second-generation professional drivers tend to be more complete than their dads or uncles. With some exceptions, most notably Jacques F. Villeneuve.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Someone else noticed as well
    Oh, wow! That's 2 people!
    acket.

I say Jacques F. Villeneuve had more talent than both his late father and his omonimous uncle alltogether.
    We all loved and still love Gilles... but maybe it would be time to let it go and look at him with less rose tinted eyeglasses.

I think he is a complete and talented racer, but he peaked early1 and wasn't interested in keeping up the winning regime.

1 I'd say that he was in his prime during 94-97.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Oh, wow! That's 2 people!
    Yep. A true testament to my nearly super human powers of observation.

Glad to see my prodding is getting gentler. will keep working on it to have it ready for your VER comments.

acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I think he is a complete and talented racer, but he peaked early1 and wasn't interested in keeping up the winning regime.

1 I'd say that he was in his prime during 94-97.
    Yeah, I think I'd agree with that. He definitely had some luck, but you can't rely only on luck to win Indy Championship, Indy 500 and a F1 title. Even if you are fortunate enough to be given the fastest car, you still need to be talented enough to beat your teammate!

Anyway, I think Michael has been similarly fortunate, but of course Michael surely have worked much harder than JV!

Will Jr be able to replicate dad's success? I hope so, but he needs a lot of things to go his way...

If JoeW end up noticing him, surely he'll be a huge success!

I’ll root for him only if FM hates him to the core.

Until then I’ll just have to keep FM in business by spewing my pro Ver comments Isn’t he just the dreamiest? And the best driver on the grid. If only he was in a more competitive car so he could dominate that rascally Hamilton. He would definitely break all the records Hamilton is setting now....for sure!
    Last edited by JoeW; September 29th, 2020 at 11:28 AM.

I kinda like Mick, actually.
    acket.

Well fuck.