Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wreckfest

Wreckfest

Anybody else pick this one up yet for the XBone? Been out for a while on PC. Seems like a few graphical glitches on the menu, but otherwise pretty solid so far. The Demo Derbies are a little hard to line hits up on, but at least they have an auto reversal of the camera.

I’ve just completed the first series, so still a lot to come. Looking forward to the school bus figure 8 racing..

I got it yesterday. Had the usb glitch which stopped the game from loading., pretty crap considering the time they've spent on the game.
    Played though about 4 series so far, and so far enjoying every moment.
    I've waited a long time for a game like this, where crashing, online is encouraged.

Junior Potato
    I’ve got it on PC, hoping they’ll add cross-play at some point. I might check out the big update later today

Junior Potato
    Turns out the PC update is not out until later this week

Man, is the game frustrating. So many good things, but too many things slipped through the cracks.

Absolutely no feel what so ever to the braking.

The rubber-banding in even Expert level is insane. Nothing like spinning out the car I have to beat for the challenge going into T1 on the last lap, giving you a 12 second lead, only to have them blast you two turns from the end.

Would be nice if the star challenges matched the type of race you were doing. Quite a few are gonna take a long time to find the right car/armor combination to win and get the stars. And clearing your progress from that event when you go back to run it again is moronic.

Seems like they want this game to be frustrating.

I've picked it up for the X1. I wanted a spiritual successor for Demotion Derby that I had on the PC. It sort of is. Even on normal AI I do find it quite challenging - and perhaps I'm just crap. The ability for the AI to catch you back up from spinning out is ridiculous, compared to how easy - or indeed hard - it is for me to do so. Some fun cars and fun tracks, tho.

And I still can't knock out 5 people in the lawnmowers

The rubberbanding is rather ridiculous at the moment, plus the series races are far too short especially when the lead car disappears with no opposition.

Junior Potato
    I've not got a lot of patience for career modes in racing games other than Gran Turismo, so I basically ignore the one in Wreckfest. Just as I do in games like Dirt Rally and F1 2019 and Assetto Corsa and whatever you care to name. For me the cure for frustrating career progression is to just do random races against the AI.

Heck. One day I might even dip my toe into online racing against humans again.

Wreckfest is the perfect palate cleanser if you've spent a few hours doing super serious racing sim stuff and you want to let off some steam

Administrator
    I haven't played since the update, but at least before it upgrades to the car were basically essential and incredibly difficult to find and work with in the UI. Took me a while before I realized I wasn't even actually installing the upgrades. That can help a lot, especially in the demolition derby ones - if you don't have armor, your best bet is just drive around in circles avoiding contact as long as the game will let you until most of the other cars are heavily damaged, then go after the weak ones in the herd.

Hot tip, don't buy the killerbee. It is near impossible to drive, that even the AI has trouble with it.