Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggest A Shared Sportscar!

FWIW Billi I was involved in a test of an autox prepped S2k (2004) and ND1 (2016?) last weekend. The S2k accelerated harder in VTEC, but below VTEC the MX-5 was faster to accelerate. The weight difference meant the MX-5 was also quicker to transition. They're not slow. On the same size wheels/tires (245s on 9s) the ND was noticeably faster on this course. The S2k needed wider wheels and tires to compete.

I'd still take the S2k though. Jumping back and forth between the two, it was very apparent how little weight and feel the MX-5 driving controls had.

A new S2000 would sure be nice, especially if kept NA and light weight.

Interesting..., but look at the age difference! 2004 vs 2016!!!!! A comparable year MX-5 shouldn't be faster, right?

Yeah, I want a higher revving NA engine(Honda) along with a nice looking lightweight sky is the limit active technology chassis...

With such a car, you don't have to jump back and forth between 2 cars!

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    A new S2000 would sure be nice, especially if kept NA and light weight.
    The only way I see that happening is with some sort of platform sharing arrangement like the Supra/Z4.

Maybe they can partner with Mazda when it comes time for an NE Miata

Hmmmm, I'd want something like Honda NSX styling, and with some sort of non-exotic V6 engine, maybe from Honda.

Oh wait, I'm doing it wrong. I just want an NSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Hmmmm, I'd want something like Honda NSX styling, and with some sort of non-exotic V6 engine, maybe from Honda.

Oh wait, I'm doing it wrong. I just want an NSX.
    Now we are talking.

The original NSX, with the current NSX drivetrain. Or the Nissan GTR engine.
    Mazda FD RX-7 with aluminum LS-X engine. (Even better increase it's size by 1.1: it's a little car. Make it a hair bigger for my middle aged fatass)

I'm a sucker for late 80s to mid aughties auto styling. (Mercedes W124, W201, R129, BMW E34, E38, E39, E46, E31 8 series, Nissan R32 ZX, R34 GTR Skyline, Honda NSX, S2000, Toyota MKIV Supra, Mark II/ Cressida X80, Audi A4 B5 and B6 (early 2000s) wagons, late versions of Porsche 993, 2nd and 5th gen Dodge Vipers, etc)
    Last edited by neanderthal; November 18th, 2019 at 08:32 AM.

I'd like to see a cheaper NSX but badged as a Honda. Honda needs a halo car and Acura as a brand is pretty irrelevant now. Give it the turbo motor out of the Civic Type R and drop the heavy and expensive hybrid AWD drivetrain. Might need the boost turned up depending on the power to weight ratio, but 300hp in something that weighs less than 3000 pounds might still be fun. As I'm typing this it sounds like something that might have already been suggested...lol