Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell everything for fun???

...happy life.

I'm all about simplifying. It kind of irks me that I make aesthetic items that sit around taking up space.

Yeah. When I moved to Wisconsin I had a great urge to simplify and sold off some vehicles. Now I have six vehicles and two houses and it doesn't bother me. Much. Except the houses. Yeah. It'd be nice to have only one house.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    (ii) depreciation, likely to be quite a bit on a newish car at a high price
    He's looking at used, which have already taken massive depreciation hits from the ~$80k price in his favor. 2017s are dipping below $40k, and 2018 are starting to be under $50k, either year with less than 20k miles.

I drove a QF around the block a couple of weeks ago. Loved it. It was awesome. But it seems like an expensive proposition no matter how you slice it. Unless you score a great deal on a used one that turns out to be extra reliable and you sell it 1 year later for little to no loss.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I drove a QF around the block a couple of weeks ago. Loved it. It was awesome. But it seems like an expensive proposition no matter how you slice it. Unless you score a great deal on a used one that turns out to be extra reliable and you sell it 1 year later for little to no loss.
    Go home, you're drunk

Or a vehicular optimist?

is there a difference in the two conditions?

If I was going to sell everything for one fun thing that one fun thing wouldn't be an alfa. Great car when you've got a backup, not so much if you don't.

Junior Potato
    I’d say sell it all and ride motorbikes, but I’m sure the OP is past all that…

To be honest a Quadrifoglio will be the ultimate eccentric old bloke “I used to own one of them” cars in 40 years time.

Buy one and tell the tale to your kids. It’ll be fun!

I'd get a "newer" 911 Carrera 4S (2005+). I know you have done the 911 thing sort of, imo it never felt like you ever gave it a chance. But for an everyday car and fun as shit to drive it's hard for me to imagine a 911 Carrera 4 doesn't tick all the boxes.