Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samoht's 2007 Nissan 350Z HR

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Much better - I see them all now. I never knew you could get park distance sensors on these cars in any market. What is the square cover in the middle of the rear bumper hiding?
    Just a guess...tow hook maybe?

Looks great btw. 350Z/370Z's are definitely on my list.

Your car looks amazing! I particularly love your license plate...

If anyone feels small, just buy samoht's Z!

I forgot it had so few miles! Someone will be getting a great car.

FWIW Phil, I rate the VQ35HR more highly than the VQ37 in this application. The 370 does have the nicer interior materials though.

A potential buyer arranged for the RAC to inspect the Z today, so I had to dig all the cars out and put them on the street in case they needed to use my drive/garage for the inspection.

So, 1,000 hp lined up

(308hp Nissan + 362hp Merc + ~330hp Mazda)

Inspector sounded like he didn't find much wrong, so fingers crossed the Z will sell soon.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    (308hp Nissan + 362hp Merc + ~330hp Mazda)
    Tough life, man.

Junior Potato
    I had 335HP in the garage, but now I'm down to only about 160.

350Z is gone to its new owner, wasn't straightforward though. The MOT had picked up an advisory notice on a front anti-roll bar droplink, the seller asked me to get that done as part of the deal. My usual garage were being useless and not getting back to me with quotes, so I found another place and took it in. Got a call 30 mins later, we've got your car on the ramp and found that the front lower compression arms bushings have both totally gone, arms are rattling around on their bolts. In retrospect this must've been like this for a while, I had very occasional odd noises but nothing repeating or continuing, but neither my usual garage nor the RAC inspector had noticed! So a £987 bill later, the car's ready to be sold. Not great news financially. However, on the upside the buyer paid the full asking price (£8750), and having sold it within 14 days of getting the Merc, I got almost a full refund on the new insurance policy I had to take out on it (just paid for days on cover), plus avoided paying any more road tax at £50 a month. So swings and roundabouts, and glad to have it all settled - on reflection December's not the best time to change cars!

New owner lives in Northern Ireland by a weird co-incidence, so it's going back where it came from. He was easy to deal with, and arranged a transport firm to come and collect it.

Junior Potato
    Congrats, now you're down to 692HP.

Wow, if it's the lower radius/thrust rod bushings I'm thinking of that were bad, I can't imagine you didn't feel that! Wandering under braking and such. Also shocking to have them disintegrate that bad at that mileage. Maybe it gets super cold in northern Ireland?

Glad you found a buyer easy to deal with.