Thread: The Outer Worlds

The Outer Worlds

From the team that made New Vegas.
    Been playing this recently on GamePass PC.

The following is a quick brain dump of impressions I've had so far while I'm at lunch, so sorry if it is rambly.

At it's core, and as expected - it's a first person Space RPG whose Fallout/TES roots are quite obvious. And I'm really impressed. Instead of one giant open area, you travel between space stations, moons, and planets with much smaller (but still sizeable) areas to roam. There's plenty of things to discover and dig in to, but the game doesn't completely overburden you with an impenetrable list of tasks; I really have been enjoying the smaller scope.

Game has a lot to say about corporations.

In a lot of ways it reminds me of Mass Effect, but without the space-wizard-ass tech and biotic skills. The music and scenery really hit that tone for me. And there's plenty of talking to your crew between missions.

The art style is pretty unique. It feels like a modern take on the 50s spacer look.

Highly recommended if you love a decent story, world building, skills/perk systems, and character interaction (another beneficiary of the smaller scope).

Junior Potato
    I played it for about half an hour last night. It seems pretty fun. It’s not a genre I delve into that much so I’m just randomly throwing points at different attributes in a scattershot approach, and kinda angling for the devilish rogue approach for my female character. I want her to be a female version of Han Solo. A totally original idea.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah, we're quite interested in this too and have been hoping it's turned out good.

Will probably get when cheap though, as still have 50,000 other games to play.

Junior Potato
    Get Game Pass, then you'll have Outer Worlds and 50,200 other games.

Stop procrastinating, and doooo it.
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game...b_Photo__#join

Just finished up my first play through yesterday. Really enjoyed it.
    I played mostly ranged weapons, paragon, and did all the side quests I could find.
    Think it ended up being around 35 hours.