Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford v Ferrari (Le Mans '66)

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar

Ford v Ferrari (Le Mans '66)

(I don't think we had a thread for this...)

Saw an early premiere of this last night, thought it was good, had a few nitpicky thoughts as well though. Curious about other people's thoughts as I digest it more.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Obnoxious Old White Guy Descends On Local Movie Theater To Ruin ‘Ford v Ferrari’ For Everyone Just Wanting Some Cheap Entertainment

Date: November 11, 2019

GREEN BAY, Wisconsin- Sitting in a theater at the Bay Park Cinema waiting for the trailers before Ford v Ferrari to end, obnoxious old white guy Dale Norris was happy to let everyone around him know there will be plenty of technical errors and historical inaccuracies throughout the movie’s two and a half hour run time that he will likely point out. “Everyone in this theater has probably never even heard of Carroll Shelby, and a couple kids two aisles up said they are just here because Jason Bourne and Batman made a movie together. Just wait until I point out the engine in the test mule should be the 289 and not the 302 the movie used. That will shut them up and take any joy out of this,” said Norris, who planned on shaking his head and mumbling out loud every single time the movie did not get every meaningless detail correct. “In the trailer Christian Bale is wearing a black pair of shoes, but in real life Ken Miles only ever wore shoes that could best be described as a shade of hickory. If they can’t get stuff like that right, then imagine how many other mistakes I will have to critique out loud for two and a half hours.”

One man three seats over from Norris had already warned his wife they might have to move after spotting a glimpse of the Gulf branded shirt Norris was wearing.
    https://theluggnutt.com/2019/11/11/o...entertainment/

Those sorts of details I knew were wrong (California Speedway looks nothing like Daytona), but more some of the added drama and alterations to the story.

Like in Rush, where every racetrack looked an awful lot like Brands Hatch.

Junior Potato
    And like in Days of Thunder.

How many people were actually able to go four-wide around Talledega?

I actually went with some friends from the Philly car club who know only the basics of the story, so I could only say so much because I didn't really want to "spoil" it for them. So to them, they all said the racing scenes were intense. Personally, I thought the racing scenes in Rush were far better and more realistic than the ones in this film.

Ash, my Dad, and I are going on Saturday afternoon. He's pretty stoked, knows the history and is a big Ford fan.

I do want to see it but if they get shit wrong I will be annoyed. Cause it isn't hard to get it right.

I think the director doesn't quite know how a gearbox works.

I don't think any director knows how a gearbox works. Apparently every car has at least 30 gears. And every shift needs to be followed by flooring the accelerator.