Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ford v Ferrari (Le Mans '66)

Saw it tonight. I quite enjoyed it. Great screen presence from the actors. The nitpicky things you guys are mentioning did not really bother me. Let it go, guys. It's entertainment!

I thought the extra thousand rpm being 1960s vtec/ nawsss yo was kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    And then being flat out balls to the wall along Mulsanne. And somehow managing to increase speed. Or accelerating into a corner.

or braking THAT late into Arnage in those cars. Also, apperantly Road Atlanta is also Le Mans. REALLY damn hard to hide Georgia red clay.

Well at least they went to a real race track.

Should've CGIed the real authentic track!!!

Just shot all the footage from using Gran Turismo, PCars etc...

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    It was however basically historically correct. The factory cars were held to 6000rpm and they used more revs in the shelby car (ok, there was no running out with a sign and Miles won comfortably but the 6000rpm thing was in fact a thing)

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the imposed 6k limit and then having a driver exceed that and be faster.

But like most racing movies, the idea that along a straight, you can either a) press harder on the accelerator or b) shift down to gain on a foe is just stupid. You'd already be at full throttle, and probably past the rev-limit of a lower gear unless you were REALLY babying it.

I also had a bit of an issue with the odd forced but oddly unexplained conflict between miles and the Ferrari driver. This really feels like a case of a cutting room floor scene that would have given weight to the seemingly random antagonist. We'll see when deleted scenes are released.

Overall though, great movie. The scene of Shelby visiting the family of Miles after the crash was pretty heart wrenching (no pun intended. Seriously, I typed it out and then realized).

At the end though, it became clear that the true antagonist of this story was Ford itself, not Ferrari.