Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ford v Ferrari (Le Mans '66)

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The one that really made me cringe was when Miles decides to back off while driving down Mulsanne, and instead of slowing down he just down shifted. Like, how does that one make sense.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    It was however basically historically correct. The factory cars were held to 6000rpm and they used more revs in the shelby car (ok, there was no running out with a sign and Miles won comfortably but the 6000rpm thing was in fact a thing)
    I don't disbelieve that. I just wish they'd developed that part of the story more so we could see why the factory was limited to 6k rpm and why the Shelbys could do 7k rpm. I don't remember seeing them do any engine development in the movie.

The factory cars were limited to 6k presumably just to be more reliable. Not because the cars couldn't do 7k repeatedly, but that Ford didn't trust the cars/drivers with it for the whole race, and Shelby did.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Shelby also rebuilt all the engines to what he wanted IIRC

Saw the movie this afternoon and enjoyed it, although Leo Beebe comes off as a complete twat.

I watched The 24hr War on Netflix. Excellent documentary with lots of great interviews etc.

Now I just finished Shelby American on Netflix as well. Done by the same people as the aforementioned documentary. Both docs are fantastic.
    Last edited by JoeW; December 11th, 2019 at 05:36 PM.