Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford v Ferrari (Le Mans '66)

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    That really isn't as much of a problem, it's more of "I'm redlining in top gear, let me shift down a gear, raise the RPMs by a few hundred, and suddenly start accelerating"
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Well, that's indeed how regular folks do it to accelerate... so director probably has *some* knowledge about that..., just that he doesn't know it's no longer applicable when you've already reached top speed!

Considering that we are now selling more EVs than cars with manual tranny, we can't expect too much. Give the movie makers some creative freedom for dramatic effects I guess.

Of course most millennials and younger will be wondering why they keep moving the lever from Drive to Reverse to Park to Drive while going 150mph. And what the hell is that extra pedal for?

We’re going on Monday I’m looking forward to a few hours of car oriented entertainment and a continuation of the conversion of the girlfriend into a car person.

It was good, imo.

I enjoyed it. My biggest beef with it was the car motions were a bit ...off, but it is made by people who don't understand racing. The braking points were KILLING me though.

Any mention on Bruce McLarens' involvement on helping develop the car? Or was that written out of history to be more Team America!

McLaren wasn't mentioned much. He was there, but more about Ken Miles and Shelby.

They acknowledged the British development by unloading the car from the plane and announcing it as trash before Ken could fix it.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    McLaren was just a driver at Le Mans, and Holman & Moody became antagonists for the Daytona sequence. I wish they had mentioned that Ferrari was also at Daytona, but I think they wanted to set it up for the big finale.

Agreed on the motion of the cars, too often you'd see people stepping on the brakes as they start turning, or accelerating through a corner.

The the movie actually became more Miles & Shelby v Ford than it was Ford v Ferrari.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via