Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ford v Ferrari (Le Mans '66)

I wrote on another forum that it should've been called "Ford v. Shelby" because once Enzo kicked them out of Italy Ferrari was an afterthought for the rest of the movie. I don't think they did a good enough job of building them up as a villain since they were not in the second act at all.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Agreed, and having Miles suddenly have a hatred for one of the Italians once they got to Le Mans seemed cheesy.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I'm glad that Ferrari wasn't the villain, that it was the corporate asked at Ford. Just like now!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, it was more about the struggles of Shelby and Miles v Ford than anything. But truth be told. We all know the main story anyways.

We enjoyed the movie, there's certainly things you could nitpic but its great story and a movie that you can take non car people to and they'll enjoy it. Definitely worth seeing at the theatre.

I enjoyed it, my 18 year old who has no knowledge of the events in the slightest also enjoyed it too. Can't say fairer than that!

i thought it was very well done. As others have said, there are things to nitpick as a car guy and someone who knows the story intimately but as far as stories converted by Hollywood I thought it was great.

And I think that was really from the very first scene. Which just grabbed a hold of me and sucked me in. As others have said, it was great to see in a theater. Two huge thumbs up.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Me and wifey watched it this morning, and really enjoyed it.

Only things to nitpick are the same EVERY bloody car movie does;
    - cars with 50,000 gears (and the accelerator pedal pushing further downing thing).
    - car sounds (including gear changing sounds) around corners were off, they used sounds from flooring it down straights not taking off from corners sometimes
    - speed differences. Maybe it did actually fly past some cars, but some scenes the car in focus catches up to the car ahead quickly even when not in its draft, but then in the close up shot of it passing its going slower, then faster again as it passes
    - car was/cars were sped up sometimes (like in one of the testing sequences with the white GT40)

Other than the normal complaints above, it was great. Loved the back and forth duelling between the Ford suits, Shelby and Enzo - rooting for the good guy type of thing.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; November 25th, 2019 at 08:01 PM.

Junior Potato
    Don’t spoil it for me, I don’t want to find out if Ford wins before seeing the movie.